SB and EPC Pitches | Page 12 | Vital Football

SB and EPC Pitches

It's a lot less scary than the 'permanent' temporary stand at Old Trafford Cricket. That beast is 52 rows high x 150 seats. I got displaced into it for a T20 and decided to check it out.

It's literally only made of scaffolding poles and flexi boards, about 90 feet high - like the one that partially collapsed at Durham during the T20 v West Indies a few years ago. I had a look at the base - it has no foundations and the scaffolding poles are literally standing on wooden casters about 6 inches wide!

Isn't engineering and physics a wonderful thing. You won't be getting me in that thing with 7k drunken party goers though. Scared the living day lights out of me at the thought of it being full and rocking after the tea break - the Lincoln stand looks a lot more sturdier and sensibly proportioned.

The temporary stand at Old Trafford looks scary to me as well, amazed that they haven't built a proper stand there by now.
Trent bridge might be smaller but all the stands are permanent and very well built, lovely venue

As Gaz says, the new stand is nicer than expected. I assumed it would be some naff, cobbled together thing.

Has anyone else in the EFL got 6 stands?!

I assumed we would be hiring some form of temporary structure from The Open or something like that, but that looks brand new and purpose-built.

We could always sell it on to Grimsby afterwards, it is far better than anything they have at Blundell Park.
Sort of thing that could be moved to the EPC as part of commercial packages for fans to watch selected training sessions/tours.

Sort of thing that could be moved to the EPC as part of commercial packages for fans to watch selected training sessions/tours.
That's a very good point. It's a good set-up on one of the pitches up there with advertising boards and proper dugouts.

Of course it could also be given back to whichever company we are hiring it from*.

* I'm presuming it is cheaper to hire it for 10 months than to buy it.

Of course it could also be given back to whichever company we are hiring it from*.

Thing is Cherry...do we have too many stands?