SB and EPC Pitches | Page 4 | Vital Football

SB and EPC Pitches

Great job Crewe, misspelling your front of shirt sponsor on the shirt unveiling...clap clap. (Currently says 'Mornflake mighty oaks', not 'oats')

Whats everybodies thoughts on astro Do you think they should be used in League games ? Sutton have one yet has to be ripped up and replaced at acost of 500thousand pound ,The astro pitch is abig source of income for them, Harrogate had to also take there astro out last year

Not for me. They don't play anything like a normal pitch. I can understand the financial argument towards them.

Not for me either. I know they’ve developed a fair bit since my playing days but watching Scottish football there is still an unnatural bounce of the ball. Football was made to be played on grass.

Merthyr Town had a 3G pitch installed in 2013 and I watched games on it regularly (100-plus of them) for over three and a half years at Southern League level, and I can't say I ever noticed any difference to the bounce of the ball compared to a grass pitch. The pitch also aids good football played on the ground as the ball always runs true.

One of the selling points of them has always been that games could take place in all conditions, but (again in my experience) they're not completely weather proof. It's probably true to say there are fewer postponements, but Merthyr have known matches be called off due to frost or waterlogging.

Merthyr Town had a 3G pitch installed in 2013 and I watched games on it regularly (100-plus of them) for over three and a half years at Southern League level, and I can't say I ever noticed any difference to the bounce of the ball compared to a grass pitch. The pitch also aids good football played on the ground as the ball always runs true.

One of the selling points of them has always been that games could take place in all conditions, but (again in my experience) they're not completely weather proof. It's probably true to say there are fewer postponements, but Merthyr have known matches be called off due to frost or waterlogging.
Not sure Notts County fan and allegedly recent Merthyr investor Vicky McClure will approve of such a deception continuing.
"I'm not slim. I'm a curvy girl: I've got thighs and a bum. I don't mind baring the fact that I've got a bit of cellulite because everybody has. I find it off-putting when everybody on telly is the same size or looks the same build. For me, it's important for people to watch someone normal"

Not for me either. I know they’ve developed a fair bit since my playing days but watching Scottish football there is still an unnatural bounce of the ball. Football was made to be played on grass.
I went to Cove Rangers in 2019 and put in my review

The most bizarre sight was however continuous eruptions of rubber/sand whenever the ball touched the 3G surface. It looked like film special effects from a prolonged gunfight in a desert plus the strong sun also produced small shadows of the ball.

Vicky McClure and her Merthyr-born fiance are advertising their film production company on Merthyr Town's shorts next season and have said, ironically or otherwise: "We both love the town and are passionate supporters of grass roots football."

If somebody can scientifically prove that the pitch behaves within the normal acceptable range/parameters of a grass pitch (roll of the ball, bounce etc.) and they are not detrimental to the health of people using them regularly I will have no issue with them.