SB and EPC Pitches | Page 2 | Vital Football

SB and EPC Pitches

Anyone looking to return the garden, I know where you can get a few rolls of turf cheap…..

The pitch has been a big reason in my view for our poor home form. We are a passing team now, and the ball just did not run true in many areas of the field.

It got worse over the winter to the extent that Palmer was starting to look nervous every time the ball was played back to him. And if we are going to pass it around at the back, the players in that scenario need to be confident.

Even though the pitch looked great on Sky from high up, when there were close ups you could see it had problems. To the extent that on a decent pitch Berran's shot that hit the post might have gone in.

Might have been mentioned previously but my understanding further improvements to the EPC were imminent.

The wind is an issue from the A15, and wind barrier/earthwork mounds were to be installed.

Might have been mentioned previously but my understanding further improvements to the EPC were imminent.

The wind is an issue from the A15, and wind barrier/earthwork mounds were to be installed.
I did wonder what the improvements would be. Makes sense as it's a pretty open site.

Serious question for the groundsman type experts - what does happen to the old turf ?
The old turf is usually taken off with a Koro machine which is similar to a rotavator which chops it up and loads it via a side elevator into a trailer so it can’t be reused. This time though excavators and bulldozers are removing the lot, 400mm deep and replacing with gravel then sand, new irrigation and drainage too so a proper job. The company doing all the work is Fineturf from near me, they also own Tillers Turf at Saxilby. They did a lot of work in the winter at Lords and Edgbaston cricket grounds and have just built 17 new tennis courts at Wimbledon and grow Tottenham’s pitch which slides under the stand. Top drawer company.