Saving Money & Tips | Page 17 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

Yes but I was prepared to just have Now TV ( which is owned by sky) but the deal that sky offered was just to good to turn down.

yeah, they say sometimes they call your bluff and let you leave as well, but I've always found them very keen to keep me when I have bartered. I wouldn't leave because I do spend a lot of time needing to sit down watching tv (which is a shame but there you go!) ...

Mixed bag this then!

People renewing their home or motor insurance will pay no more than they would as a new customer from January.

The new rules have been confirmed by the City regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), following years of complaints.

But it admitted it could spell the end of the cheapest deals for new customers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57270415

Yes. Just read that.
Overall a good thing. And about time.
Highly irritating that any insurance you have goes up and you haven't claimed, there is no more risk etc. But as the article says the cheap 1st year deals will go. However over time we will save is the main point i think.

Yes. Just read that.
Overall a good thing. And about time.
Highly irritating that any insurance you have goes up and you haven't claimed, there is no more risk etc. But as the article says the cheap 1st year deals will go. However over time we will save is the main point i think.

Can never understand why your car insurance goes up (when you stick with the same provider) it should go down, as the value of the car does every year!

Just as an observation for those of you involved in the weekly supermarket shopping have you noticed how much its gone up since the B word,?

I have to laugh at the comments section where some people who are obviously from the posh parts of Cheshire call Aldi customers vermin. They just sum up why I hate the people from that neck of the woods.
Im not well off, and I am not skint, but I love going into Waitrose in my scruffy shorts tee shirt and old boat shoes looking like noboby owns me, and seeing the disapproving looks from the tossers who inhabit Waitrose.

Needed a new pressure washer . Found this website and bought a refurbished unit saving about 60 quid compared to a new one. Few light scrapes and scratches on it but barely noticeable. Works fine so far and there is a guarantee with it from 6 to 12 months depending. Bargain so far.

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/

Needed a new pressure washer . Found this website and bought a refurbished unit saving about 60 quid compared to a new one. Few light scrapes and scratches on it but barely noticeable. Works fine so far and there is a guarantee with it from 6 to 12 months depending. Bargain so far.

https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/

Did the same when changing phones this time, bought a reconditioned iphone and it's been just like knew, saved a fortune on it.

Always look for reconditioned stuff first, loads of places now do them and most offer 12 months as well in my experience. Not sure anything is ever actually 'reconditioned' really, my experience has been ex display, a mark on casing etc but the savings are great and the things we've brought years back still work now.

Not saving money per se, but this wine is an absolute steal and bloody amazing to boot. If you live near a Lidl and like top quality red wine, do yourself a favour... £7.99 a bottle. A 'poor man's' Chateauneuf-du-Pape (Rodders), but well worth every penny.

IMG_0553.jpeg

I've yet to explore Lidl, really must do at some point!

I'm trying to get a card to go to Booker wholesalers at the moment, those savings would be immense!

Bit random, but if you own a dishwasher and like to buy in bulk on tablets to save money then this is a great offer -

https://shop.finish.co.uk/collections/bundles

Between 35-50% off on most bundles then use code 'Get20' for an extra 20% + free delivery.

I got the Extra Mega Pack which is 300 of their best tablets (The Quantum Ultimate) for £32.

FAR cheaper than a supermarket and much cheaper than Amazon etc..