Saving Money & Tips | Page 12 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

Anyone not signed up and not yet using TopCashBack yet? Seriously what on earth are you playing at?

Especially in these times where people are having to shop online more and more you can earn hundreds or even thousands of pounds in cashback just by clicking through topcashback first.

I've now earned £1,409 cashback since I joined. Not a bad amount of cash for buying stuff I was going to buy anyway.

Join up and start earning money back on your normal every day shopping. Use my link below and we both get extra cash.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/deanovilla

(y)

Anyone not signed up and not yet using TopCashBack yet? Seriously what on earth are you playing at?

Especially in these times where people are having to shop online more and more you can earn hundreds or even thousands of pounds in cashback just by clicking through topcashback first.

I've now earned £1,409 cashback since I joined. Not a bad amount of cash for buying stuff I was going to buy anyway.

Join up and start earning money back on your normal every day shopping. Use my link below and we both get extra cash.

(y)

Know nothing about this .

I buy alot of stuff through Amazon so had a look and it says 'no cashback' but then says members earn average 300 quid through Amazon. Do you earn through Amazon?

Amazon seems to be one of those retailers that seem to stop and start their cashback. It currently states -

Cashback is not currently available for Amazon.co.uk, due to the current situation with the COVID-19 outbreak.

This is only a temporary measure so please visit again in the future to earn cashback from this retailer. Please look at the alternative suggestions below and please stay safe.

I've had cashback from them before, but to be honest I don't use Amazon that often as they aren't always the cheapest.

The way I usually shop is to use a comparison site first (google shopping, Pricerunner, Kelkoo etc...) to find the product I want at the cheapest price, then once I've found it and know where it's cheapest, I'll go to Topcashback and search for that retailer. If it's on there, bonus, cashback for something I was going to buy anyway. if it's not then I've lost nothing.

Topcashback is also great for insurance renewals.... you can even get cashback for using sites like GoCompare and Compare The Market etc..

Topcashback is also great for insurance renewals.... you can even get cashback for using sites like GoCompare and Compare The Market etc..

Agrees with Deano on this, including mobile phones, banking products etc.

You can earn loads through it. I got £25 for changing insurance company through them last year

Some agreements and holidays you can get up to a couple of hundred quid on

(y)

Done.

(y)

Had a good look . Yep. No brainer init. Had no clue about it before today.

Signed up.

Money saving tip, I have been with the RAC 37 years. I never pay the full asking price on the renewal. This time I told the bloke I was off work (which I was)
and I doubted I could afford it as it was £30 dearer than last year.

I paid last years price in 15 months cover.

Yes, always haggle for sure and if you don't get what you want, move.

I always do a price comparison first, then try to haggle, so I know what I can get elsewhere.

good illustration of what I've told mom for years, the expensive places like Waitrose and M&S have their stuff made and packed at the same places as many of the cheaper stores.

A lot is about packaging and perception, not actual quality

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/wait...yyCXHXNwEJcjZoHItooU4m-oEP6M9ktClgajcwbgklAUI

Yes . Remember Martin Lewis saying once that many of the "own name brands" are just the same product as named stuff and the only difference is the label.

Yes . Remember Martin Lewis saying once that many of the "own name brands" are just the same product as named stuff and the only difference is the label.

He also talks about taking one step down with what you buy to check.

So if you buy named brands, try the 'taste the difference' / luxury type range by the supermarket. If you have those luxury brands, try the normal, if you have the normal, try the budget etc.

Interesting theory!

He also talks about taking one step down with what you buy to check.

So if you buy named brands, try the 'taste the difference' / luxury type range by the supermarket. If you have those luxury brands, try the normal, if you have the normal, try the budget etc.

Interesting theory!
Not quite the same but I know for a fact most branded medicines are exactly the same as the non-branded cheap stuff... obviously for medical reasons it has to be the exact same otherwise it would be pretty unsafe (and illegal). So when you pay £5 for lemsip you could literally buy the supermarket own brand for 50p and it is 100% the same. Apparently every medication has a unique code on the packaging which would indicate if 2 different options are indeed an exact replica or not.

Money saving tip, I have been with the RAC 37 years. I never pay the full asking price on the renewal. This time I told the bloke I was off work (which I was)
and I doubted I could afford it as it was £30 dearer than last year.

I paid last years price in 15 months cover.
Auto renewals are a complete scam. If you phone up they are literally forced into offering you a better deal if you even slightly imply you might cancel. Last time I just said I did an online comparison and someone else cost this much are going to match it and they said yes. I remember (presumably as per the script - unless the lady just really liked me?!) they said something like “we wouldn’t want something so silly as price get in the way of our relationship”

Switched my gas and electric last night, EDF were cheapest but having a smart meter installed was mandatory which I don't want, so gone with Scottish power.
Word of warning of just going with “the cheapest” especially via online comparison sites, obviously to get the top of the list lots of some companies set their prices unsustainably low which puts them at risk of going under (which puts you at risk if you have credit on your balance), or having to whack up the price later, and/or having utterly shite or non existent service because they can’t afford the support staff.

Several years ago when I lived in shared accommodation I used a company called GB Energy, they were beyond inept and several months later, thankfully after I’d moved out and got my refund off them, they went bankrupt completely. Would have been horrendous to sort out especially as id already had loads of problems with getting bills right from them.

Not saying your company is anything to worry about, just something for everyone to be aware of.

Not quite the same but I know for a fact most branded medicines are exactly the same as the non-branded cheap stuff... obviously for medical reasons it has to be the exact same otherwise it would be pretty unsafe (and illegal). So when you pay £5 for lemsip you could literally buy the supermarket own brand for 50p and it is 100% the same. Apparently every medication has a unique code on the packaging which would indicate if 2 different options are indeed an exact replica or not.

They are, if people stopped looking at the fancy boxes, and started looking at the active ingredients, they'd save a fortune. Nurofen for example, rather than buying the shop own brand ibuprofen. Same stuff.

Word of warning of just going with “the cheapest” especially via online comparison sites, obviously to get the top of the list lots of some companies set their prices unsustainably low which puts them at risk of going under (which puts you at risk if you have credit on your balance), or having to whack up the price later, and/or having utterly shite or non existent service because they can’t afford the support staff.

Several years ago when I lived in shared accommodation I used a company called GB Energy, they were beyond inept and several months later, thankfully after I’d moved out and got my refund off them, they went bankrupt completely. Would have been horrendous to sort out especially as id already had loads of problems with getting bills right from them.

Not saying your company is anything to worry about, just something for everyone to be aware of.

Yes, on good comparison site you can set your parameters for the level of customer service ratings, and other such stuff. You are right, cheapest isn't always best.