Saving Money & Tips | Page 10 | Vital Football

Saving Money & Tips

I've switched twice this year. People's Energy to Octopus, to Green.

Always saves you money in the long run but what I don't like is everytime you switch you end up paying 2 bills in short succession (your final bill and your opening bill) so it can make a dent if you're working to a budget.

I'm considering signing up for one of those new automatic ones that constantly look for better deals and auto switch you if they find one. Mainly coz most of them are offering good cash back for signing up at the moment.

Martin Lewis's energy club keeps you abreast of better deals.

Like JF says you can't recommend it highly enough.

I use that at the moment.

But surely the automatic ones can only be better as they still constantly monitor for better deals and switch you automatically

Martin Lewis on one of his recent shows said they could be a good thing but need to develop a little more first. I forget the exact downside/s he talked about, but think one of them was they don't stop to take into consideration bad customer ratings etc.

merged my sky package and also anti-virus packages into this. Thought it would be useful to have these things all in one place.

Just watched the Martin Lewis show and he said the regulations are changing from next Feb so mobile, landline, broadband and tv companies will have to tell you when your deals are ending AND tell you the best packages new users get.

Caveat was they don't have to tell you incentives (like vouchers etc) that new users get.

He also mentioned broadband genie as a good price comparison tool, but also said do 2 and see which has the best deals.

Pleased with my savings since having the cavity wall insulation put in retrospectively (and getting compensation from the builder who forgot to install it)

Plus moving supplier again.

Next up for me, in June, broadband and phone, plus tv services. Going to half those costs.

Just done an energy swap check through MSE! I've stayed with my supplier and saved £337 per year.

I'm one of those who doesn't do swapping. Many reasons for that. I just don't

Took my parents to Aldi today. They were gobsmacked at the savings. Taken me ages to get them there but they will go themselves now.

Also reminded myself the massive savings.

Monster drink rip off, 90p cheaper
Mouthwash over £1 saving
Bleach 21p
Bistro salad 84p

and so on.