Save the Blades! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Save the Blades!

I never said Blades had sold 30,000 season tickets this season! I said whilst we were in the Premier League!

I must have mistake Ademola Lookman for Ryan Sessegnon.

It doesn't matter who was in charge. DCL was still sold and this is the CENTRE OF MY ARGUMENT! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WAS IN CHARGE HE WAS STILL SOLD AT A MASSIVE LOSS!

All I said was that I think the Prince had invested £40m in the club prior to promotion and there is a good chance that was repaid and he will have also taken out other bonuses.

Regarding the parachute payment, whatever. It's still £91m including £20m profit that we showed on our last accounts.

We should still have £75m still unaccounted for as well as the £20m profit. £45m parachute payment, Aaron Ramsdale Sale £30m and £20m profit!

You look at all the money we've received over the past two three seasons. We must have had around £100m from promotion. £120m for finishing 9th and then £91m parachute payment. £320m in total. Then you have season ticket sales first season up, merchandise sales, improved sponsorship payments. Even if we account for loss of ticket sales last season, we've still made money from merchandise and sponsorhsip etc. Furthermore, we've saved on policing, stewarding and other matchday expenses!

In total between £300m and £350m in three seasons including this one!

Our turn over in season 19/20 was £143 million with a wage bill and other costs totalling £88 million as per the Clubs accounts resulting in an overall profit of £17 million. Last years its estimated our turnover was significantly down to £97 million with increased wage and costs to £90 million.

It doesn't take a genius to work out the Club lost during the pandemic in the region of £35 million which will be reflected in this years accounts.

Whilst the wage bill may have been reduced by 50% this season due to relegation clauses that cost alone is likely absorb most of this seasons parachute money payment.

On top of that we have outstanding installments owed on player purchases and bank loans to cover as do all clubs. Whilst revenue is starting flow back in through season ticket sales and match day revenue it is not enough to stem the losses hence the need for player sales.

Suggestions that money has been syphoned off by the Prince are ludicrous and without foundation. The real question is does he have the financial capability and desire to keep owning a Club in the Championship when the parachute money ceases in 2 years time. Whilst his team have shown themselves to be capable negotiators over the Ramsdale sale, unlike the previous regime, there is a need to find new areas of investment. There will be little point in investing in a quality manager and back up team if they are given peanuts to get the job done.

I just want to state that I started supporting the Blades nearly 50 years ago, so I've seen the good times as well as the bad. More bad times than good! I've stuck with them, I've seen them in the old Division 2 been down Exeter and Plough Lane etc. I travelled all over with them. I was at HIillsborough and witnessed the Boxing Day Massacre. Despite supporting them all these years, we've barely spent more than five years in the top flight.

Something has to change. We need greater investment and I don't think the Prince is the right man to take us forward. He hasn't got the finances to support our hopes and dreams. We do need greater investment if we want to see sustained, long term success.

Finishing 9th was a magnificent achievement, but we should have built on it. We should have invested in top quality players better than what we already had. We could have considered loan signings.

Instead of rushing in to sign Rhian Brewster, we should have considered loaning him. Why spend £23m on a player just to see him sat on the bench? It doesn't make sense!

Lys Mousset who cost £10m, another one who rarely featured. OK he was injured much of the time, but he wasn't injured all the time. This is another one whose future looks uncertain at the Lane. I believe his contract expires next summer.

I know it's easy to look back with hindsight, but the truth is we all knew after finishing 9th that we lacked creativity in midfield and we lacked goals! We tried to address one and failed to address the other.

Sander Berge, when he's in the mood, at his creative best can pose a massive threat to defences as we saw in the second half against Birmingham. Unbelievable threat! If anybody is capable of getting us goals this season he is, if we can keep hold of him. Yes, they might come via penalties, but he's the man to get them!

I just want to apologize to any Blades Fans that I may have caused offense to. It was never my intention. I tried to express my concerns about the direction our clubs was going in. With the transfer window only a few days from closing, I also wanted to try and encourage a sense of urgency.

We all want what is best for the Blades. We want them back in the Premier League where they belong. This is no time for Blades fans to be turning on each other. We need to stand together and urge the team on together. C'MON YOU BLADES!

Save Sheffield United | My Site (sheffieldunitedsave.co.uk)

I just want to state that I started supporting the Blades nearly 50 years ago, so I've seen the good times as well as the bad. More bad times than good! I've stuck with them, I've seen them in the old Division 2 been down Exeter and Plough Lane etc. I travelled all over with them. I was at HIillsborough and witnessed the Boxing Day Massacre. Despite supporting them all these years, we've barely spent more than five years in the top flight.

Something has to change. We need greater investment and I don't think the Prince is the right man to take us forward. He hasn't got the finances to support our hopes and dreams. We do need greater investment if we want to see sustained, long term success.

Finishing 9th was a magnificent achievement, but we should have built on it. We should have invested in top quality players better than what we already had. We could have considered loan signings.

Instead of rushing in to sign Rhian Brewster, we should have considered loaning him. Why spend £23m on a player just to see him sat on the bench? It doesn't make sense!

Lys Mousset who cost £10m, another one who rarely featured. OK he was injured much of the time, but he wasn't injured all the time. This is another one whose future looks uncertain at the Lane. I believe his contract expires next summer.

I know it's easy to look back with hindsight, but the truth is we all knew after finishing 9th that we lacked creativity in midfield and we lacked goals! We tried to address one and failed to address the other.

Sander Berge, when he's in the mood, at his creative best can pose a massive threat to defences as we saw in the second half against Birmingham. Unbelievable threat! If anybody is capable of getting us goals this season he is, if we can keep hold of him. Yes, they might come via penalties, but he's the man to get them!
Agree and disagree with what you are saying, without stating the obvious life as a Blade continues as normal. To tell you the truth and after watching for longer than yourself I am not bothered. The ups and downs will always go on but remembering when I first set foot into BDTBL I was in love, that's it for me and everytime I go there the feeling comes back. Nowt to do with the league we are in or the position, who the owner, manager is or who plays, it's just the place, the Sheffield, it's where I'm from.
Yes I want us to do well, would love to see Ronaldo, etc down the lane but I have seen plenty of greats, Best, Charlton, Currie, Woodward, Punton enough memories to last me out. So keep on watching, I'm sure you will but don't start taking it personal. I have enough memories, even recent, to fill up my senses. They will continue.

I just want to apologize to any Blades Fans that I may have caused offense to. It was never my intention. I tried to express my concerns about the direction our clubs was going in. With the transfer window only a few days from closing, I also wanted to try and encourage a sense of urgency.

We all want what is best for the Blades. We want them back in the Premier League where they belong. This is no time for Blades fans to be turning on each other. We need to stand together and urge the team on together. C'MON YOU BLADES!

Save Sheffield United | My Site (sheffieldunitedsave.co.uk)
Much better!

Dint Liverpool just want to sell Brewster and not loan him out might be me getting confused but I thought we originally tried to loan him
i know we all moan about how much mousset cost and how little we are getting in return but his goals pretty much put us where we finished first season so helping us to another 90m just imagine where and what state we would be in if we hadn’t stopped up that 1st season