Save the Blades! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Save the Blades!

The fans don't deserve better than any other set of fans.

But if the fans do deserve better.........

How about we spend the money on something guaranteed to benefit the fans permanently?

The ground.

The Kop is wank. Start with that. Rebuild the fucker.

Would be very pleased if that's what we spent any excess funds on.

I think the aim would be promotion. It would be great to update stadium facilities but I wouldn't want that the cost us our league position. promotion is never guaranteed but we all know the squad needs strengthening - that would give us our best shot!

If we could have a quality Kop I wouldn't give a shit if we were in the Championship for a few seasons.

The board was quick to remind us about the financial implications of the virus pandemic, and loss in revenue.

Well, I'm sorry, it's not completely true. Yes, the Blades lost revenue from ticket sales and maybe some other revenue. Having said that they also saved on the cost of policing, stewarding and other matchday expenses.

Don't forget these are the owners who failed to pay the minimum wage:

Sheffield United 'named and shamed' for failing to pay staff minimum wage as club issues statement - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

You also have to consider where these staff come from. I can bet most of them are from Sheffield, die hard Blades and that's how they get treated!

If they can't afford to pay the staff, they're hardly going to splash out on wages for quality players!

If they can be that tight fisted with their own staff, then imagine how tight fisted they really are! They're saying there's no money. Where's it all gone?

No statement, no reassurances from the board or those in charge - nothing!

Gone into hiding. Next time you'll probably hear from them is next week and they'll make up all kinds of excuses for lack of signings. Oh, we tried, we really tried! Not good enough!

Greggy, you're putting your ground bait in the wrong stream. We're the owd codger Blades, supporters for 50 years, some 60 years and more. If you think this is the worst its ever been at Sheffield United, you need to get an education. Try S24SU.com, but go easy on the 'Blame the Arab' bit, they don't like that sort of bigotry.

Good luck
[Blocked]
Well said,It was a lot worse than this 6 years ago Pops,never mind 1976 onwards when went from the top flight to Div 4 in 5 seasons.UTB

The way I see it is that if our owners care about the club, then they'll invest and make every single effort to get us back in the Premier League, but there is no evidence of that.

I don't know how much the Prince had invested in the club before promotion, I think I read somewhere that it was in the region of £40m. I guarantee, that is the first thing that will have been repaid. So that is £40m he's took and then he'll have took a bonus of a few million more. He is far better off now as a result of Blades winning promotion than he ever has been!

It wasn't his work, it was the work of Chris Wilder and a hard working bunch of players. He hasn't invested £350m in the club. It's all prize money, TV Rights, Sponsorship, merchandise sales and 30,000 SEASON TICKETS!

Now with relegation, Blades get a parachute payment and that is thought to be £91m. So where is the money? Why are we not using some of this money to help us get back to the Premier League.

The board has two options in my opinion, they either put right the mistakes they made in the Premier League squandering tens of millions on bit part players, has beens and back ups or they step aside.

Whilst we've got the money we need to press on! We need to make an all out effort to get back to the Premier League.

As things stand, Fulham, Bournemouth and West Brom are far ahead of us!

We've apparently got £30m from the sale of Aaron Ramsdale and we should be making every effort to reinvest that money. It should not be spent on anything else, it should be invested in players.

Our priority now is to find a top class keeper to replace Aaron and then we need to find the necessary midfielders to suit Slavisa's preferred formatiion.

My preference is Wales Keeper - Danny Ward. We could quite possibly sign him for £5m to £10m. He gave an exceptional performance for Wales in the Euros.

We talked pre-season about the emphasis being on loan players. Blades are already linked with a a loan move for Amad Diallo Man Utd. It's obvious Slavisa is looking for wingers.

Ademola Lookman wants to be back in England and is on offer. Wolves, Burnley and Crystal Palace have all shown an interest in signing him.

The cost of loaning him involves £3.5m Loan Fee and then maybe 50% of his wages or his wages paid in full. He is currently getting £50,000 per week.

What is more Slavisa has worked alongside him at Fulham. Another one Blades could consider is Ryan Sessegnon who Slavisa has also worked alongside.

We still need creativity in the centre of midfield and Ruben Loftus-Cheek is quite possibly available at Chelsea.

Furthermore, now they are using Rhian Brewster's lack of goals to sell him. Instead of providing creativity in midfield and getting the supply and service that he needs and our other strikers need. They want to sell him. It was the same with Aaron Ramsdale and it's the same with Sander Berge. NOTICE THE SILENCE FROM THE BOARD!

No statements saying that they are not for sale and it's the same with Jebbo. SILENCE! Just waiting all the time for the right offer to come in!

Sold Dominic Calvert-Lewin to Everton for less than £2m and he's now worth over £100m.

NO EFFORT MADE TO KEEP OUR BEST PLAYERS, BEST PROSPECT, NO EFFORT AT ALL!

I estimate with those loan signings and signing Danny Ward permanently it would cost a total of around £30m!

...and there'll probably be some change left over!

THAT'S A PROMOTION WINNING MIDFIELD THAT WOULD STRIKE FEAR INTO MOST CHAMPIONSHIP SIDES! YOU'VE GOT PACE, CREATIVITY, GOALS, THE LOT!

THE PROBLEM IS THE BLADES BOARD LACK AMBITION AND RELUCTANT TO INVEST AND TAKE A GAMBLE!

BLADES DON'T GO UP THIS SEASON, THEN WE'LL BE IN EVEN BIGGER FINANCIAL CRISIS NEXT AND THEN THE SAME OLD, SAME OLD, SAME OLD!

...and Oliver Norwood was spot on to point out the lack of investment in training facilites. Blades have been falling behind everybody else for too long! We deserve better! The fans deserve better! Pay for season tickets every year and this is what they have to put up with.

It's wrong! THOSE IN CHARGE DOWN AT BRAMALL LANE ARE BUNCH OF LOSERS!

I WANT TO BE PROVED WRONG, I REALLY DO! I WANT WHAT IS BEST FOR SHEFFIELD UNITED! FINISH 9TH IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE AND WE BLOW IT!

If you're going to post a rant at least get your facts right.

1. No evidence in Club accounts the Prince has taken £40 million out of the Club or a bonus for that matter.

2. We haven't sold 30,000 season tickets its just under 21,000.

3. The parachute payment we get this year is £45m not £91m. This is in staged payments and not 1 lump sum.

4. We are being paid £24m for Ramsdale with a further £6m dependant on first team appearances.

5. Slav has not worked alongside Lookman at Fulham. Slav left in November 2018. Lookman joined in 2020 when Scott Parker was the manager.

6. DCL was sold to Everton when there were 2 owners in charge of SUFC and the sale was signed off by Chris Wilder.

I never said Blades had sold 30,000 season tickets this season! I said whilst we were in the Premier League!

I must have mistake Ademola Lookman for Ryan Sessegnon.

It doesn't matter who was in charge. DCL was still sold and this is the CENTRE OF MY ARGUMENT! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WAS IN CHARGE HE WAS STILL SOLD AT A MASSIVE LOSS!

All I said was that I think the Prince had invested £40m in the club prior to promotion and there is a good chance that was repaid and he will have also taken out other bonuses.

Regarding the parachute payment, whatever. It's still £91m including £20m profit that we showed on our last accounts.

We should still have £75m still unaccounted for as well as the £20m profit. £45m parachute payment, Aaron Ramsdale Sale £30m and £20m profit!

You look at all the money we've received over the past two three seasons. We must have had around £100m from promotion. £120m for finishing 9th and then £91m parachute payment. £320m in total. Then you have season ticket sales first season up, merchandise sales, improved sponsorship payments. Even if we account for loss of ticket sales last season, we've still made money from merchandise and sponsorhsip etc. Furthermore, we've saved on policing, stewarding and other matchday expenses!

In total between £300m and £350m in three seasons including this one!

Last edited by a moderator:
To clear a couple of points up we sold 24,000 season tickets last season this was the maximum as a % has to be kept for day tickets
we “won” 91m for coming last in the premier league and from tv money for live games
hope this helps

To clear a couple of points up we sold 24,000 season tickets last season this was the maximum as a % has to be kept for day tickets
we “won” 91m for coming last in the premier league and from tv money for live games
hope this helps
I don't want the Prince to put my club at risk financially BUT It's farcical that we've not signed more than one player this window(So Far) Tyler Smith and his move to Hull i wish the kid well(apart from when we play em)but i honestly don't think he was good enough for what we need now.UTB

Promotion to the Premier League was worth millions to local businesses, tourism was increased, and there were all round benefits for Sheffield.

Premier League football is worth millions to the City of Sheffield. It's not just about the football club. It puts Sheffield on the map. Sky viewers all over the world!

So it's not just Sheffield United who have lost out, it is the City of Sheffield too and local communities.

... or do we want to always play second fiddle to the likes of Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and London? In my opinion Sheffield deserves better!

So already of all the signings Blades made in the Premier League Aaron Ramsdale gone, Callum Robinson gone, Oliver Burke on the verge, Max Lowe loaned, Luke Freeman loaned last season. Sander Berge open to offers, Rhian Brewster open to offers. Jebbo open to offers. Not many left out of those players who cost us over £100m! Why spend just to sell them all.

Before you blame Chris Wilder. How do you know he was responsible for all the signings. How many of these signings were made by the board, by the owners. Look at Michael Verrips, Chris Wilder didn't want him, yet the board signed him.

Sometimes the Director of Football has the final say and he makes decisions regarding who is signed!

So already of all the signings Blades made in the Premier League Aaron Ramsdale gone, Callum Robinson gone, Oliver Burke on the verge, Max Lowe loaned, Luke Freeman loaned last season. Sander Berge open to offers, Rhian Brewster open to offers. Jebbo open to offers. Not many left out of those players who cost us over £100m! Why spend just to sell them all.

Before you blame Chris Wilder. How do you know he was responsible for all the signings. How many of these signings were made by the board, by the owners. Look at Michael Verrips, Chris Wilder didn't want him, yet the board signed him.

Sometimes the Director of Football has the final say and he makes decisions regarding who is signed!

I think its clear that these are CW signings, he wanted them and the board did sign him - though they would have liked more research and more names given to him. I do agree about the signings the club made for CW. Verrips hasn't impressed much and CW didn't want him, nor did he want Coulibaly (apparently). The whole squad needs a shake-up (or sheik-up) if we are to compete.