Save our Season, The Fans Voice. | Page 13 | Vital Football

Save our Season, The Fans Voice.

Cheers KDZ, Preston sounds a possibility then, unfortunately.

I think the word protest has been misused on here to be honest, i've not heard anyone suggest anything other than they are going to shout and let their feelings be known and i don't think that really qualifies as a protest. That's not a critasism at those people letting their feelings known - it's just i think protest isn't the right word for it. I'd say a protest is something more like Blackpool and the tennis balls, or the fans congregating outside the ground in mass, Newcastle fans only taking their seats at a certain minute, etc - something almost outside of sitting in your seat and shouting / singing.

I don't think we'll see anything resembling a real protest anytime soon - as those protests are more for when the club is running into massive off the field troubles. While we might not be pleased with Royle and IEC's decision to keep Cook - i think it needs to something bigger than that to spark that type of reaction.

Apart from your posts on here what exactly have you done so far?

I dont see the relevance to your reply, it doesnt matter what i say or do at matches, these fuckin' idiots running the club refuse to listen or see we are a bloody shambles, hence the post you replied to, but you knew that didnt you and are TRYING to take the piss!
Someone else has already said on another thread, so called fans like you are as bad as the clowns running the club in to the ground.

The game today i honestly cant believe what i saw from cook he picked the wrong team it was clearly evident after pne could have been 3 nil up after 15 minutes he should have changed it there and then at half time he didnt we went 2 nil down then he finally changed things with a decent manager we wouldn't be anywhere near the bottom 3 the guy is so tactically inept im amazed he is still in charge please get rid or we are down

Today's efforts? Piss poor for the most part. We only started playing when we went 4 at the back and then Cook cocked up by taking Moore off. Now why don't you or your alter ego do something about all your whinging. All these threatened protests that never happen are turning into a bit of a joke. You're as ineffective as Paul Cook.

Today's efforts? Piss poor for the most part. We only started playing when we went 4 at the back and then Cook cocked up by taking Moore off. Now why don't you or your alter ego do something about all your whinging. All these threatened protests that never happen are turning into a bit of a joke. You're as ineffective as Paul Cook.
Well at least we agree on something - maybe you should hold a protest !
Having paid in West and had a pop at 🤡 the walk has been walked here tks.
Honest comments from most on here not whinging and if you don't like it don't read it.
As for alter egos, not at this IP - pots and kettles come to mind.
Now go and scare some goats

Why should i hold a protest? I'm not the one that's been baying for blood. And as you say IP addresses and all that. Pretty tedious isn't it when somebody resorts to accusing you of such a thing. Your mate falls back on that tactic when he hasn't a reasoned reply which is pretty regular. As for goats each to his own. I never even think about the things. Not sure why you would.

Why should i hold a protest? I'm not the one that's been baying for blood. And as you say IP addresses and all that. Pretty tedious isn't it when somebody resorts to accusing you of such a thing. Your mate falls back on that tactic when he hasn't a reasoned reply which is pretty regular. As for goats each to his own. I never even think about the things. Not sure why you would.
Clearly you don't comprehend the concept of irony 🤫

This has got to be the most dismal and depressing season I've known for many many years.
I no longer look forward to going anymore and have been thoroughly bored by the dreadful football Cook serves up and if we go down I will not renew my ST.
We desperately need a fresh manager irrespective of if we stay up or not.

This has got to be the most dismal and depressing season I've known for many many years.
I no longer look forward to going anymore and have been thoroughly bored by the dreadful football Cook serves up and if we go down I will not renew my ST.
We desperately need a fresh manager irrespective of if we stay up or not.

Zakky, I fully understand the sentiment and emotions you are feeling, a lot of us are feeling the same, but I'm not sure I fully understand your logic around not renewing.
Surely if we go down we will be better able to compete at league one level, even if Cook remains in charge, and therefore "in theory" the games should be more entertaining than this season despite Cook's set up and tactics.
Surely the more obvious logic would be not to renew if we don't go down as it would likely just be yet another Championship season of the ilk we are already suffering through.

......... the vast majority of fans don't want Cook no matter what league we will be playing in next season.

I'm not sure that's fully true Norm.

I get the bit about folk wanting him gone, so we can maximise our chances of staying up this season ................. but if we go down, the bloke has a decent track record in League 1.

Sure, if he got us back up, I'd want him to improve an awful lot - and do things differently - from his previous two attempts, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy with him leading us in League 1.

I know that sounds wrong on the surface, but when you think about it, then it's quite logical.

When we are in league 1 next year and likes of robinson moore williams are gone
Then this is where the young lads will get their chance i think league 1 will be the beggining of the youth playing at a decent level for them and IEC starting to make a bob or two by selling them on eventually
Maybe thats the plan youth low wages hardly any money spent on players coming into the club
As far has i can see our owners dont have a pot to piss in but hey what do i know

I get the bit about folk wanting him gone, so we can maximise our chances of staying up this season ................. but if we go down, the bloke has a decent track record in League 1.

Sure, if he got us back up, I'd want him to improve an awful lot - and do things differently - from his previous two attempts, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy with him leading us in League 1.

I know that sounds wrong on the surface, but when you think about it, then it's quite logical.

Each to their own but I think Norm is spot on with this. I understand your reasoning about his L1 record, so yes it’s logical. However ultimately that isn't the point. The mood, atmosphere call it what you will is pretty toxic. Most I’d suggest won’t be behind him as they know he shouldn’t be here and are sick to the back teeth of the crap he comes out with, player favouritism, behaviour, tactical naivety, style of play etc which will ultimately take us down. Majority of folk won’t be behind him and that toxicity will carry on and that isn’t healthy.

I understand Zakkys and others view about jacking it in and not renewing. As I’ve said a few weeks back I wouldn’t renew either if not for the fact my Dad still wants to go. I’m not suggesting we’ll be in a minority but there will many (in the thousands) who won’t renew season tickets if this clown is still in charge. It’s extremely sad when long standing fans are refusing to go when the solution to preventing that is extremely simple.

I'm in Norms camp here Moonay.....it's all ifs and buts at the moment but if we do get relegated imo they won't get rid of PC but in the same respect I'd not be looking forward to him being in charge cos if we got promoted back up at the 1st attempt then PC would still be in charge & in my mind it would be more of the same cos imo he's league 1 at best. Now in the same respect I'd love to be proved wrong & ear a good helping of humble pie if by some miracle he keeps us up.