Save our Season, The Fans Voice. | Vital Football

Save our Season, The Fans Voice.

Stormin' Norman

Vital Squad Member
Apart from a couple on here, every Latics fan i speak to wants Cook out!

If he is still here in 2 weeks against Forest we should start to voice our opinions and frustrations.

Here's a couple to get us started....

Sack the Board, Sack the Board!

We want Dave Whelan back, We want Dave Whelan back!

Cook Out, Cook Out!

The Royals seem quite happy to sit back and let Cook take all the shit, only they have the power to remove him, so come on guys let our voices be heard at the next match, and wake up those pair of clowns!

Cos that's a realistic solution but different from when you wanted rid of Coyle, Rosler and Mackay?

A couple of home defeats and at he fans will turn one of the big problems we have have is that the two main men he signed are not good enough 11game in and apart from Moore hitting the bar they have never looked like scoring

Cos that's a realistic solution but different from when you wanted rid of Coyle, Rosler and Mackay?

Whelan wouldn't have put up with this shite bro, he had the interest of his/our club at heart, he's sacked managers for less.

Oh Sid....I never once said i wanted Rosler out, i was actually made up when the instigators Maloney and Watson moved on, pair of shithouses them two.

Got to be the most childish post ever wrote on here! Let's all shout at the directors box! Trouble is most of the people on here you are trying to encourage don't even go to the ground! Grow up man and act your age!!

The thing is that although those that Norm has spoken to, and I assume they are the ones in his personal circle, most of the fans I speak to have conflicting views on Cooks tenure. This is like Brexit, people see it differently, whilst we are above the relegation zone he will still have the support of a proportion of the fans. There will be a change of heart though if the home form starts to falter. At present most of those calling for change appear to be those that attend away matches whereas those of us that only see the home form see a different side of the coin. If we start to play at home as poorly as we do away then I believe the calls for his dismissal will increase.

In my opinion we are playing poorly at home now! The Birmingham games was a good example....2 poor teams,boring,uninspiring football......the game had 0-0 all over it until the goalkeeper gifted us a goal.

The thing is that although those that Norm has spoken to, and I assume they are the ones in his personal circle, most of the fans I speak to have conflicting views on Cooks tenure. This is like Brexit, people see it differently, whilst we are above the relegation zone he will still have the support of a proportion of the fans. There will be a change of heart though if the home form starts to falter. At present most of those calling for change appear to be those that attend away matches whereas those of us that only see the home form see a different side of the coin. If we start to play at home as poorly as we do away then I believe the calls for his dismissal will increase.
If you’re a miserable whinging bugger, I’m sure your circle of friends will be the same.
I hardly know anyone who wants the manager sacked. There is an extremely teeny weeny bit of unrest in the stadium on match days, perhaps from the few who make the noise on here, one got shouted down following an irate rant about substitutions after one of the subs scored the winner last week. In fact during the game against Charlton there was even “Paul Cooks blue and white army” coming out of the East stand.

I’d shut this board down as not being reflective of reality.

This thread in itself is plainly not helpful, and you have to question if the OP and his entourage are even a supporters!

I don't know anyone who wants to keep Cook at this point but I don't think that the suggestion of shouting negative things at the new ownership is going to help anything.

Our new owners have done a great job so far in many ways and while I completely disagree with their decision to keep Cook I recognise that they are the ones who will be under writing any loses and apparently putting in 1m a month to cover costs. So I don't think it's fair to disrespect them and unwise to bite the hand that feeds.

If we are 2 down in last 10 mins and playing awful and people want to chant Cook out then fair enough at least you are directing your frustration at the right target but unless we get to that let's not add any negative atmosphere to a game we need points out of we struggle enough to get a performance as it is without the fans making things any harder by getting on their backs from the off.

It's a free country everyone pays their money and can chat what they like but the last thing we need is be making things worse for ourselves.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, that is exactly what some “supporters” prefer to do.
It’s easy you see, and it is an unfortunate development due to the money and expectation levels brought about by the greed league.

Do all home games work permitting alongside a few away games & think it's not just the dire away losing streak that's making fans call for his head but the manner in how we go about said away games. Sadly unlike last season where our home form was ok this season home form looks shaky n that's when fans will turn on him.

We’ve lost once, to Leeds with 10 men, at home.
But yes you are right, those few who always want the manager changed will indeed call that poor home form.

The results at home have been okay, but the performances have been pretty dire

Totally agree, the results at home were never the problem, the only time I can give Cook credit, it frustrates me because he clearly knows how to set up a team, this is why its more the mentality of him than anything else that annoys the hell out of me, he gives teams way to much respect and it has clearly funneled down to the players, where is this "I don't care who you are, we will play our own game attitude". Right now the home form is thankfully getting results, but the football played has turned into a turgid grind of affairs, the Barnsley game, horrible football, Birmingham, boring again fluke goal. The problem now is the away form is merging into our home performances. That worries me. Cook, sadly does not have the ability to turn things around, the away results are in itself unforgivable.

Those that go to away games are always singing for Cook. I've been to all away matches and not once have I heard negative chants. It's those on here,who do not go to games but pretend they do, are calling for his head. They do not buy tickets and yet expect the club to employ expensive managers and highly paid players. They are on a different planet.

Those that go to away games are always singing for Cook. I've been to all away matches and not once have I heard negative chants. It's those on here,who do not go to games but pretend they do, are calling for his head. They do not buy tickets and yet expect the club to employ expensive managers and highly paid players. They are on a different planet.
Spot on there,Read all the comments of our board experts and their first comments are always"The commentator said"! Radio listeners the lot of them and as you say not putting any money into the club but still calling for an expensive sacking and hiring of a new expensive manager!