Saturday July 4th 2020 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Saturday July 4th 2020

I won't be going to the pub today but i'm not convinced they will be the disasters, infection wise, that they are being made out to be.

I think that's because many people will stay away. Certainly, if people are sensible it *should* be possible to do this relatively safely, but it will require lower numbers, social distancing, regular cleaning, continued hand-washing, etc.

I expect there to be some outbreaks where those precautions are not properly observed.

I think that's because many people will stay away. Certainly, if people are sensible it *should* be possible to do this relatively safely, but it will require lower numbers, social distancing, regular cleaning, continued hand-washing, etc.

I expect there to be some outbreaks where those precautions are not properly observed.

Yep agree, but that can be said about anywhere. I think people are imagining that Pubs are going to be like they were before, which they're not.

My concern with pubs in particular is that some less scrupulous owners will do everything set-up wise that they have to to appear compliant, but then not properly enforce the rules because Derek the regular can't stand at the bar long with his bad gout, etc, if you get my drift.

My concern with pubs in particular is that some less scrupulous owners will do everything set-up wise that they have to to appear compliant, but then not properly enforce the rules because Derek the regular can't stand at the bar long with his bad gout, etc, if you get my drift.

I think when folks have had a few pints most will probably stop thinking about social distancing...

I think when folks have had a few pints most will probably stop thinking about social distancing...
Reckon there will be some bother as well. I can well see some drunken dick-heads refusing to leave when their 2 hour slot is up. Best to stay away.

Reckon there will be some bother as well. I can well see some drunken dick-heads refusing to leave when their 2 hour slot is up. Best to stay away.
Probably some good old fashioned British binge drinking too! I bet the streets will be colourful by morning.

Nothing today (not much is actually open locally to us) but Mr Hither will have late-lunch-and-a-pint out during the week (to figure out the new system at a quieter time) and we're headed out for Thursday lunch at a local restaurant all being well.