Sat 27 Feb VNL Watch (not for Skelly) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Sat 27 Feb VNL Watch (not for Skelly)

Davidimp - 27/2/2016 16:56

Apparently they are on to lose quite a lot of money as the odds on Leicester winning the league didn't go down until recently.

Bookies don't lose out on a long shot winning. They lose out big time when the heavily backed favourite wins. A few big pay outs on an outsider is more than covered by the numerous losing bets on the favourites.

evenstephen - 27/2/2016 20:58

A bit of controversy in the Guiseley v Braintree game....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lHoD7AAbk
Thats bad... if i was braintrees manager i would have refused to carry on!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/493113/bookmakers-lose-millions-Ladbrokes-Coral-if-Leicester-win-premier-league-funny-bets
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3429969/Leicester-winning-Premier-League-title-disaster-bookmakers-Sky-Bet-face-paying-5m-one-punter-40-5000-1-August.html
www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/outfoxed-bookies-face-10m-loss-7334126
http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/here-s-how-much-bookies-will-lose-if-leicester-win-the-league-050216
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10157927/sky-bet-face-1635m-loses-if-leicester-win-premier-league
How much the bookies might lose depending on who you believe. if Leicester do win the prem.

danimps21 - 27/2/2016 21:57

evenstephen - 27/2/2016 20:58

A bit of controversy in the Guiseley v Braintree game....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_lHoD7AAbk
Thats bad... if i was braintrees manager i would have refused to carry on!

The problem then would be a large fine for the club and losing all the points, Guisely should have let them score a goal from the kick off.

Poor show. But the keeper making no attempt to stop it was not very wise at all. I'm sure if he properly went for it, he could have got it. That said, it shouldn't have had to be stopped like that. Knock it to the side of the goal and no issues.

Very good results for us yesterday. Think they strengthen our arm.

A few more rounds of results like yesterday and it will start to get very interesting again.

impede - 27/2/2016 22:12

Very biased view on the situation from the Guiseley commentators too.
Absolutely. The lad can see where the keeper is, if that was just overhit in error then he shouldn't be playing at that level of football. It was like pulling the driver from the bag on a 130 yard par 3!

Got to take it a week at a time. I'm as hopeful as anyone but there is an obvious problem to be addressed if we are going to have a late run. Away form. Last 6 ... D L L D L D.

Without analysing each match I don't imagine McCombe and Caton have been involved in too many of those so we have better options now.

We've conceded far too many goals away recently and I think part of the issue is the Power / Tempest CM partnership which isn't defensively strong. I think Moyses needs to find the away formula right now and I don't think it's the same as the home formula.

Skip155 - 28/2/2016 09:36

Got to take it a week at a time. I'm as hopeful as anyone but there as an obvious problem to be addressed if we are going to have a late run. Away form. Last 6 ... D L L D L D.

Without analysing each match I don't imagine McCombe and Caton have been involved in too many of those so we have better options now.

We've conceded far too many goals away recently and I think part of the issue is the Power / Tempest CM partnership which isn't defensively strong. I think Moyses needs to find the away formula right now and I don't think it's the same as the home formula.

You may be right, but if you exclude our early good run, nothing much has worked away from home, including trying much more defensive set-ups.

Got to take it a week at a time. I'm as hopeful as anyone but there is an obvious problem to be addressed if we are going to have a late run. Away form. Last 6 ... D L L D L D.

Agreed. The formation possibly doesn't suit us away, and Wood in CM may make us harder to break down. That said, as you say, the 2 partnerships (McCombe and Bush, and Power and Tempest) are still relatively new so the form guide has a big * to it. Same applies to Caton/Muldoon up frount.

sirmikealot - 27/2/2016 23:28

Poor show. But the keeper making no attempt to stop it was not very wise at all. I'm sure if he properly went for it, he could have got it. That said, it shouldn't have had to be stopped like that. Knock it to the side of the goal and no issues.

It didn't look good, but i really don't like the 'giving it back' culture and these things are situations waiting to happen.

The thing that we need to do in away matches is not to be quite so gung-ho from the off. That will go a long way to tightening us up.

SIMJON - 28/2/2016 09:06

A few more rounds of results like yesterday and it will start to get very interesting again.

Without playing it was a good day, probably worth a point, but we have to help ourselves and take it out on Aldershot on Saturday. The last time I saw this fixture 0 - 3 and relegation. A reverse result would be great and set us up nicely. Just hope we are raring to go and not ring rusty from two weeks off.

Regardless of what anyone else does, we have to regularly win matches. That's the challenge.

Ex-Ref - 28/2/2016 10:41

Regardless of what anyone else does, we have to regularly win matches. That's the challenge.
A truism from the beginning to the end of the season!

Steve O'Dare - 28/2/2016 11:50

Ex-Ref - 28/2/2016 10:41

A truism from the beginning to the end of the season!

But now we can't really afford (m)any draws, let alone loses.