Sarfend Away Match Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Sarfend Away Match Thread

Apart from that brief period when we were top of the Premier League, who can remember when we were LAST top of a league?

I watched the game live in HD on i-follow. Did you Bob and UAE? I am aware that Sask does. Excellent picture and sound clarity. Most impressed and only AUD$9.00 per game for us Exiles on an individual match basis.
Only 2 games into the season and early doors but I believe we have a team that have the ability to challenge for a top 6 position and possibly, (dare I say it), an automatic promotion place. UTMP :clown:

I'm not much of a night owl aussie1 so would struggle to stay up for the games and then if I did would be too excited to get to sleep after so going to pass

Apart from that brief period when we were top of the Premier League, who can remember when we were LAST top of a league?

After the Bournemouth 2-1 away win in the 13-14 season we were top after 5 games.

Robinson on loan from Liverpool sent off and the infamous Ince water bottle kicking incident.
Great weekend - Abel Bear Hastings all in attendance.

I remember it fondly, the last time we sang WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE.:wahey::party: I also remember losing at Millwall in the following midweek fixture:cry:

Just took a second look at the extended highlights. I wasn't dreaming, it was a great performance! A couple of points:

Frenchie could have had two goals. In the first half a great save prevented a sure goal. In the second half, a marvelous cross gave him a free header that just went over.

Secondly, Husband. His penalty was a red card but his initial mistake was laziness. He thought that their very poor cross was going out, either for a GK or Throw. Then he realized their winger was going to get the ball. Husband then sped up and fouled and got the red. I hope that Tuesday's game counts as one of his suspended games. Let's not be too hard on him. We all remember a player we got from Rangers who got red on his first match and ended up a Blackpool legend!

I watched the game live in HD on i-follow. Did you Bob and UAE? I am aware that Sask does. Excellent picture and sound clarity. Most impressed and only AUD$9.00 per game for us Exiles on an individual match basis.
Only 2 games into the season and early doors but I believe we have a team that have the ability to challenge for a top 6 position and possibly, (dare I say it), an automatic promotion place. UTMP :clown:

Aussie1, you get the Croix de Guerre for staying up so late to watch the matches. I don't blame Bob Hatton for giving them a miss. Being a morning person, I'd probably do the same as him. I'm lucky. The Saturday games kick off at 8 am here.

Just took a second look at the extended highlights. I wasn't dreaming, it was a great performance! A couple of points:

Frenchie could have had two goals. In the first half a great save prevented a sure goal. In the second half, a marvelous cross gave him a free header that just went over.

Secondly, Husband. His penalty was a red card but his initial mistake was laziness. He thought that their very poor cross was going out, either for a GK or Throw. Then he realized their winger was going to get the ball. Husband then sped up and fouled and got the red. I hope that Tuesday's game counts as one of his suspended games. Let's not be too hard on him. We all remember a player we got from Rangers who got red on his first match and ended up a Blackpool legend!
Think red card suspensions start 7 days from the offence.

who moves to that slot, does Turts drop back or will we see the big budgie Rocky starting. JHC 19 years old and built like the proverbial.

Aussie1, you get the Croix de Guerre for staying up so late to watch the matches. I don't blame Bob Hatton for giving them a miss. Being a morning person, I'd probably do the same as him. I'm lucky. The Saturday games kick off at 8 am here.

I do. He is carrying on with his NAGM mantra :Fingers::Fingers:

:grinning::wave::grinning: