Sandwiches | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sandwiches

What a brilliant thread. I go through phases but these are my overall favorites.

Double fried egg with tomato ketchup.

Ham and Mustard

Cheese and Marmite

Cheese and Tuna.

I generally turn most meals into a sandwich.

There was a pork sarnie shop in netherton when I was little that was the muts nuts, they did one called a dip, they put all the bits that had fallen off the joint in with the gravey and stuffing then slap it between crusty bread.
A pub called the Anchor over towards Kidderminster does amazing cobs and beef, gets packed in the summer !!

Bacon and egg, brown sauce, you can not beat it so end of thread nexxxxxxt!!!

My 3 favourite sandwiches (in no particular order) are:
- Toasted cheese and tuna on plain sliced white.
- Subway chicken tikka with cheese, lettuce, ranch sauce and loads of jalapenos on Italian herb and cheese bread.
- Tuna, light mayo, sweetcorn and cucumber on a seeded granary stick.

The first 2 are treats for every now and then. The 3rd is a regular one I eat for lunch at work. I recently swapped what used to be white tiger baguette to seeded granary and swapped full fat for light mayo. I actually prefer it now tbf.

- Cajun chicken, peppers, onion, tomato, lettuce

- hang samiches

- and for Subway anything with fresh peppers and southwest sauce

Subway is bloody lovely, i could live on them if i was a millionaire, Italian BMT is a work of art man, i am now thanks to you lads going to have to have one tommorow for dinner, ffs i can even taiste it now, i will have to drive a few miles in a short period of time aswell for dinner to get there aswell ffs

James06 - 23/5/2013 14:21

Corned beef with cheese and branston pickle

Amen to that! Throw in a little lettuce & cucumber too and you've got a real winner!

I was also partial to Golden Syrup & ham as a kid. Haven't had it for ages though, might have to do some bank holiday food shopping....

As I am veggie there is not a lot of choice.

Brekkie - still can't beat a sausage sandwich. Missed it for years but now Morrissons do "Meat Free" range, and they are near as damn the real thing. So glad I can eat them again - oh , and with Fruity sauce white bread and butter. Brown bread is just wrong.

Dinner - a Veggie delight Sub - everything on (sometimes with, sometimes without the Jalepenos) , honey out bread , honey mustard sauce -mmmmmmmm !!!

or,

Sometimes I just fancy either plain egg mayo, or cheese and onion. Cheese and onion, as long as the bread is fresh, is just whopping !.

In Spain, a fave is Potato omelette on a baguette with garlic mayo - or Patatas Tortilla bocadillo y ali oli !!!!

Corned beef with a bit of tomato sauce on. Reminds me of the days I used to go to Bournemouth with my nan and pops (wipes away a nostalgic tear)

Also, peanut butter (smooth) sarnies are lovely.

Only time I put salt on food is when I have a turkey sandwich, nice with a bit of cranberry sauce as well.

Arr Mr Fear dude Corned beef and BROWN sauce sorry, i do like red aswell though lol, my dad used to mash up corned beef in a bowl and add browns sauce when i was a nipper for supper on a sunday night if there was no bubble and squeek,

Damn it now im feeling nostalgically emotional now remembering that, where does the time go

Dont know if it counts as a sandwich, but an Egg McMuffin is just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Do them myself now, just as good.

In fact, that will be my brekkie in about 7 hours time