Sanchez | Vital Football

Sanchez

freundorfoe

Vital 1st Team Regular
I've seen a lot of Spurs fans on social media slating Sanchez, especially before the Inter game, implying we would lose the game as Toby wasn't playing and Sanchez a liability.

I though Sanchez had a superb first season for a player his age, and looks like he could be one of the best CBs in the league. Seeing Spurs fans turn on him out of some supposed loyalty to Toby is quite disheartening.

I seem to recall Ex or someone posting a stat about our win percentage with and without Toby from last season and it got me wondering what that would look like now, and how it would compare to Davison's. Anyone happen to have that info? To my mind our form with Toby in the team hasn't been miles better than when Davison has played... be interesting to see if that interpretation is correct or not.

I've seen a lot of Spurs fans on social media slating Sanchez, especially before the Inter game, implying we would lose the game as Toby wasn't playing and Sanchez a liability.

I though Sanchez had a superb first season for a player his age, and looks like he could be one of the best CBs in the league. Seeing Spurs fans turn on him out of some supposed loyalty to Toby is quite disheartening.

I seem to recall Ex or someone posting a stat about our win percentage with and without Toby from last season and it got me wondering what that would look like now, and how it would compare to Davison's. Anyone happen to have that info? To my mind our form with Toby in the team hasn't been miles better than when Davison has played... be interesting to see if that interpretation is correct or not.
Sanchez is an athlete for sure but I'm not sure about his intelligence. My perception is that he will improve with experience but is not a natural reader of the game. He seems to be a little reactionary but again could just be my perception.

I honestly think Sanchez is ok. To me all three, Vert, Toby, and Sanchez are all solid. The bigger issue is the DM in front of them that is supposed to screen them and prevent rapid counters, etc...we are failing in that department.

He's going to be one of the best and most wanted CBs in the world in 3-4 years. He's already years ahead of his age. People are so quick to slate him and praise Toby but whilst I rate Toby really highly, I don't think he's been anywhere near his best this season, nor at the beginning of last season.

Unusually for me, I think our biggest issue so far this season has been Poch. He's under the biggest pressure he's felt, probably ever, and he's getting key decisions wrong. I'm not for one second saying we need him gone, but we're in unchartered territory with him for the first time.

People are so quick to slate him and praise Toby but whilst I rate Toby really highly, I don't think he's been anywhere near his best this season, nor at the beginning of last season.

this is sort of what I was getting at. I seem to remember Toby's win ratio last season wasn't fantastic... so this idea that if we start Toby we win but start Sanchez it's an instant loss is offensive really.

I like em both and Toby is obviously miles ahead of Sanchez in his development, but with a bit of luck Sanchez will reach that level eventually and maintain his pace making him the better CB if he can develop his weaknesses.

People love a scapegoat the sin are running with widespread disenchantment at how much more Harry earns than the rest. These are trying days.

I like the lad. He has talent.

I think not having an inform CM pairing in front of him hasn't helped. He needs that at his age. Also our full backs/wing backs are hardly in top form.

Might be an idea to let him play DM in the odd game. Will help him learn the game from a different angle. He certainly needs to improve his reading of the game. Helped King massively.

I like the lad. He has talent.

I think not having an inform CM pairing in front of him hasn't helped. He needs that at his age. Also our full backs/wing backs are hardly in top form.

Might be an idea to let him play DM in the odd game. Will help him learn the game from a different angle. He certainly needs to improve his reading of the game. Helped King massively.

In the long run I think it's hindered Dier. Rather he was an expert at one than a jack of all trades.

In the long run I think it's hindered Dier. Rather he was an expert at one than a jack of all trades.

When Dier first arrived he did look good at CB so you may have a point. But he also looked the business as a DM in his first season.

I think numerous things have impacted his form. He is more bulky these days as well which won't help.

Didn't Toby play holding midfield for a couple of his previous clubs? I thought I saw him play really well there for Saints. I personally don't see Sanchez as a player that could do a job in midfield. He just doesn't have the perisperhal vision ands plays best when everything is in front of him. I'd consider Toby playing in front of Verts and Sanchez though.

The other option is Foyth of course.

When Dier first arrived he did look good at CB so you may have a point. But he also looked the business as a DM in his first season.

I think numerous things have impacted his form. He is more bulky these days as well which won't help.
I think this is an intresting debate does it help a player developing to play multiple positions? I think it's simply about intelligence (most often) inherentof the player king was a natural a composed footballer who was also an athlete. It helped him because he was bright enough to adapt. He also said a season with an older I think Moroccan CB who hated to run taught him how to anticipate trouble by copying him. I'm not sure Sanchez or Dier are that savy. Certainly can't see Davidson being any better at DM than Eric his passing is poor.

We just need to get Wanyama fit and playing, with young Amos on the fringe why are we even talking about using a CB.

I would have used Amos this season instead of playing Dier but Poch clearly doesn't think he is ready.

Wana has a long term problem with his knee. I reckon he will need surgery.

With Dier being out of form for 2 years, Dembele on his last legs, Sissoko injured, it's easy to see why some are suggesting maybe try Sanchez there for a short period of time.

I like it when Vert surges forward. He can play. I remember a fun question asked to one of our youngsters....who's the club's most skilful player....the answer was Verts.

We only made 2 changes? Which I thought were good although 5-10 minutes earlier would have been better, then we were in need of protection late from a DM as Dier had run out of gas (after 65).
I don't understand? If he is not fit to come on for even 15 minutes why is he on the bench?

I like it when Vert surges forward. He can play. I remember a fun question asked to one of our youngsters....who's the club's most skilful player....the answer was Verts.

Vert is another player that needs resting. His form is still amazing, but he will eventually break down. Injuries due to fatigue can happen without any prior warning, even when players look to be absolutely invincible.

With Sanchez a legit PL CB, and knows his stuff at LCB, we have the ability to rotate Verts but we don't.

It's a statistical game, but when we are risking so many key players we should definitely expect injuries to creep in.