Sanchez | Vital Football

Sanchez

lindumimp

Vital Football Hero
He's on his way, he's on his way!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/05/alexis-sanchez-stormed-out-arsenal-training-row-team-mates-dropped-liverpool

Think he'll be off to PSG at the end of the season. He's the only one that seems to make any effort in that side - he's probably sick of carrying Ozil, Walcott etc every week.

Don't think Arsenal is a happy camp at the moment, if they get a pasting tomorrow, pressure will stoke up on them for Saturday, if we can stay in the game till half-time who knows.

Braintree first though, a decent win would set us up nicely.

Rather have three points on Tuesday, but the apparent back room turmoil at Arsenal, Bayern Munich on Tuesday, makes you wonder whether we have a very tiny chance. You have to dream !!!!

what happened to ozil? he seems to have disappeared too... was looking forward to seeing a bradley special plaster him and sanchez against the advertising boards.

impsimps - 6/3/2017 10:59

Rather have three points on Tuesday...

What??? Seriously??? 3 points that we could make up in another 14 games than an FA Cup semi-final place at Wembley???

To be fair, everyone on here seems to be banging on about the league... wake up people... we're on the verge of making history!!!!

79imp - 6/3/2017 11:41

impsimps - 6/3/2017 10:59

Rather have three points on Tuesday...

What??? Seriously??? 3 points that we could make up in another 14 games than an FA Cup semi-final place at Wembley???

To be fair, everyone on here seems to be banging on about the league... wake up people... we're on the verge of making history!!!!
If those 3 points are the difference between us being champions and the play-off lottery (which, given the number of games we've played will probably be a step too far!), then I absolutely couldn't give monkeys what happens on Saturday. This is our biggest chance to get back up, I think FA cup history is already in the bag.

If you thought beating Burnley was big news, have you any idea what beating Arsenal would be? Why just shrug our shoulders and say "oh well, we've had a good run" and enjoy a nice day out in London now?

Oh and the extra 1.5 million from being in the semi-finals wouldn't be bad either...

Its all about context for me. If we were mid-table and an outside chance of the play-offs, then I'd place more stock in the cup game. Of course, I want us to win it, but if this game and the Trophy games become the difference between us returning to the league or not, then I'd rather we placed our prime effort into the league game.

can't understand this either/or attitude at all.

for the next eight weeks or so we will be playing two games a week. if it is two league games, we will be trying to win both the midweek game and the saturday game.

why is this week any different?

79imp - 6/3/2017 12:22

If you thought beating Burnley was big news, have you any idea what beating Arsenal would be? Why just shrug our shoulders and say "oh well, we've had a good run" and enjoy a nice day out in London now?

Oh and the extra 1.5 million from being in the semi-finals wouldn't be bad either...

Said in the other thread I'd prefer us to win the league, but have to say there will probably never be a better chance to beat Arsenal. Watched their game against Liverpool. Although they played better in the second half when Sanchez, Walcott & Perez came on, I actually think we have the players who can hurt them if we play at the top of our game. It's the Cup, so who knows.

Just read on BBC Sport website that Ozil is suffering from an illness but will be fit to play Lincoln on Saturday. Does this mean he will start - could be a nice target for Wood :wack: