Samuel's salary | Vital Football

Samuel's salary

GillsBluenose

Vital Football Hero
I know it is only one game but it was great to see Dom hit the ground running with a couple of goals yesterday.

If he is seen as Hanlan's replacement, I wonder how his salary compares, bearing in mind we must have offered Brandon at least the same as his previous contract and then made him a higher offer?

Coming from a Championship side, I suspect that Dom must have accepted some form of wage cut but, like Hanlan, he would have an agent or advisors but did not play hard to get for weeks on end.

With Rovers currently bottom of the table, only time will tell who made the right decisions but it seems to be working out in our favour at the moment.

Potentially we've factored in what we'll receive from the tribunal. As they offered at least 100k the tribunal shouldn't be less than that. We could therefore potentially say we'll use 50k of that and put it into his salary.

Pure conjecture of course.

Potentially we've factored in what we'll receive from the tribunal. As they offered at least 100k the tribunal shouldn't be less than that. We could therefore potentially say we'll use 50k of that and put it into his salary.

Pure conjecture of course.
Because it’s gone to arbitration, they have to pay the full amount immediately.
No stage payments.
There may also be a sell on clause.

Dom will obviously be on way more than Brandon. But I suspect we will also get way more output from him.

Actually, he’s already got half of Brandon’s output from the entire last season in 1 game. And I don’t mean to denigrate Brandon there. He has a lot that he offers, but we need goals, simple. And I think Dom Samuel will provide that.

I know it is only one game but it was great to see Dom hit the ground running with a couple of goals yesterday.

If he is seen as Hanlan's replacement, I wonder how his salary compares, bearing in mind we must have offered Brandon at least the same as his previous contract and then made him a higher offer?

Coming from a Championship side, I suspect that Dom must have accepted some form of wage cut but, like Hanlan, he would have an agent or advisors but did not play hard to get for weeks on end.

With Rovers currently bottom of the table, only time will tell who made the right decisions but it seems to be working out in our favour at the moment.

Opposite ends of the spectrum at a guess. Hanlan came as unproven youngster released from the youth setup at Charlton. Samuel was an established championship player.

All the more important to get fans safetly back in our ground. ifollow won't be enough to cover the club's wage bill all season, I imagine.

Opposite ends of the spectrum at a guess. Hanlan came as unproven youngster released from the youth setup at Charlton. Samuel was an established championship player.
If I recall Charlton didn't want him or RCC to leave or am I wrong?