Sam Slocombe | Vital Football

Sam Slocombe

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
According to Danny tonight he has signed Slocombe on an initial emergency loan but that will become a season loan. Vickers’ injury must, therefore, be quite substantial. If so, terrible news for him.

He might not have been completely open before the game but when speaking to Makepeace, he said they hadn't had Vickers scan results yet and were still waiting on them.

We will shortly be getting Captain Peacock, Mr Humphries and Young Mr Grace. Young Mr Grace will stand on the sidelines mumbling "You're all doing very well."

Mr Humphries will be the goto player for throw ins and free kicks. He will be heard to say "I'm free."

He might not have been completely open before the game but when speaking to Makepeace, he said they hadn't had Vickers scan results yet and were still waiting on them.

To be honest, I thought Vickers was avoiding kicking the ball in the latter stages of the Swindon game. It struck me as curious at the time, but I thought no more of it when he was selected to play against Grimsby. I sincerely hope it is nothing more than a muscle strain, but three quad injuries in less than two years indicates a bit of a problem.

My medical colleagues reckon it's his kicking action that could be causing it, god knows if they can change the way he kicks!
Yeah Slocombe here for a week while they get the full story on the injury it would appear.

From the Bristol Rovers end, it seems Imposter is correct and it's a season long one.

Down as a 7-day one to rush through the registration?

---------------------------------

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport...l-clarke-talks-goalkeeper-recruitment-1923930

Slocombe was on the bench for League Two side The Imps last night in their 2-1 win over Bury and it looks likely the 30-year-old will not be returning to The Gas any time soon.

Clarke revealed the terms of the deal. He said: “It is a full season, with a view to a permanent in January. We are in the case where realistically we have to have players out to get players in.”

We know the quality Vickers has. Sadly, it seems, the reason we were able to sign him is becoming clear. Hope he can recover and come back strong.