Sam Morsy | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sam Morsy

Feel sorry for Moore who would have thrived had he ever got the chance to play with Reece James. We probably have the worst crossers in the league. When Naismith is considered the best in the squad you know it's bad!
I remember some games last season like Villa where Kal was left back and was able to throw in early crosses from deep that were difficult to defend. Saturday it constant checking back 2 and 3 times and then coming to a standstill giving the defence plenty of time to organise.

I’m not certain he was that poor defensively TB (though he often is in this Division)......he gets forward and runs with the ball very well, but as many others have said he struggles to ‘pass wind’ and he couldn’t ‘cross the road’....his crosses are either at shin height, or so far over hit that a 10 foot Centre forward on a step ladder, would watch it sailing way over his head and on to the far touch line.
Its a real failing in the team, Naismith has shown himself to be the best crosser of a ball in the past, but yesterday he seemed reluctant to put the bloody thing in the box, continually twisting and turning from left foot to right and back again, before giving up and taking the easy option by rolling it back up the touchline to someone else.
Maddening.

I'm not saying his performance was poor, merely that it was down on recent games.

I think he has improved greatly this season in his defensive work and is often targeted by the opposition due to his lack of height, they always seem to put some big bugger up against him, but his speed and quick feet make up for the lack of altitude in his game.

The comment I made related mainly to his lack of forward runs against Luton and I wondered if he was worried that if he went forward and got caught out he would be tempted into a rash challenge whilst trying to get back and suffer a yellow and two game ban.