Sam Habergham | Vital Football

Sam Habergham

I had it in my head it was his knee that was the issue?

Hopefully he gets sorted and playing again, though. Quite fitting that one of his final games for us was a Wembley win in what was probably up there with his best performances.

Hopefully he gets sorted and playing again, though. Quite fitting that one of his final games for us was a Wembley win in what was probably up there with his best performances.

I came up to Sincil Bank for DC’s presser on the Thursday after Wembley. Met Sam in the car park. Really nice bloke. Really hope 2020 works out for him, whatever direction that turns out. 👍👏👍👏

I came up to Sincil Bank for DC’s presser on the Thursday after Wembley. Met Sam in the car park. Really nice bloke. Really hope 2020 works out for him, whatever direction that turns out. 👍👏👍👏

The guy who I got the info from about Sam , a big Norwich fan, had been a guest of Sams at SB. What had impressed him most was the fantastic atmosphere . Carrow Road is pretty quiet.

It is. He has a bone oedema injury to his knee, which (I think) means the joint does not track as it should. He had a major operation on it at the end of January, which Danny said was effectively to save his career.

I don't wish to sound negative, but perhaps Sam should consider calling it a day now, rather than risk long term disability just to get another five years out of his career. If he has a coaching position lined up somewhere, that could be the best option for his future wellbeing.

Great player. Said to someone on Saturday, nothing ever officially got said about him leaving, just got left open. Think we can safely assume with DC and NC going we definitely won’t see him again. Be good to see the club acknowledge this somehow, let everyone say thank you to someone who gave his all for the Imps.

Last edited:
next season non contract with the imps free kick at Wembley in the playoff final 2:1 against the Posh, BBC Lincs explode, stadium explode and guest speakers the Cowley’s are in tears. happy New Year up the imps!

It is. He has a bone oedema injury to his knee, which (I think) means the joint does not track as it should. He had a major operation on it at the end of January, which Danny said was effectively to save his career.

I don't wish to sound negative, but perhaps Sam should consider calling it a day now, rather than risk long term disability just to get another five years out of his career. If he has a coaching position lined up somewhere, that could be the best option for his future wellbeing.

From what I was told the Cowleys are taking care of him.

I hope he actually warrants being hired as a coach, and a position at Huddersfield isn’t being lined up solely through sympathy.

I hope he actually warrants being hired as a coach, and a position at Huddersfield isn’t being lined up solely through sympathy.
Ambitious people, doubt they will be doing anything that doesn't fit "the journey".

The guy who I got the info from about Sam , a big Norwich fan, had been a guest of Sams at SB. What had impressed him most was the fantastic atmosphere . Carrow Road is pretty quiet.

I can assure you it isn’t, they really get behind them down here. Gutted for Sam, will always remember bumping into him in the Trattoria Rustica restaurant after the Ipswich 2-2 Cup game.

Sam has nothing left to prove as a footballer. He was part of something extraordinary at Lincoln that made headlines all over the world, and every member of that team has earned legendary status here. At nearly 28 it is unlikely he will ever play any higher than the lower divisions anyway, and two years is a very long time to be out injured. If he can earn his living as a coach, it is a no-brainer in my opinion.