Sam Byram | Vital Football

Sam Byram

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
Aitor Karanka has revealed that on-loan West Ham United defender Sam Byram is still a couple of months away from returning from injury.

Following the arrival of Ryan Fredericks in the summer to provide competition for Pablo Zabaleta at right-back, it became clear that the former Leeds United full-back had to leave in order to play first-team football regularly.

Just when it looked like the 25-year-old was getting his career back on track with a loan spell at the City Ground he was struck down by yet another injury.

Substituted in the 39th minute of Forest's 3-1 win over Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup - after providing an assist - in August, the right-back sustained a knee injury which required an operation.

In September, Byram underwent successful surgery and will be hopeful of featuring in Forest colours before the season draws to a close.

Speaking about the defender's progress, Karanka is confident of welcoming back Byram at some point in 2019, but has stressed there's no guarantees.

0_GettyImages-1023274100.jpg

“Sam is recovering well but is still two or three months away," the Spaniard said, as reported by Nottingham Live . "I hope that he will come back – and I am not a doctor – in January or February.

"It would be good if that happens. I hope he still has a part to play for us this season. You never know with this kind of injury, but he is doing well and feeling confident.

“He wants to improve every day and, since he was injured, he has only had one thing in his mind, which is to come back stronger. I am positive.

"He is in London for the moment, but he does come here regularly and the doctor goes there, to check on his progress. And he will come back to work here soon.

"He wants to be here; he wants to be part of the team and involved in the changing room, while he recovers.”

Typical Apollyon thread. No wonder this forum is dead in the water

(Report that sniffer)

Its certainly looking that way OKD. He will be spot on as well but where will it leave Janko? He started brightly (like Hefele) but was pretty poor in his last few games before Darikwa was reborn

Janko is apparently being eyed up by numerous clubs for a permanent transfer although those rumours disappeared about the same time as his form.

Janko did look good originally but whether he has a long term future here is questionable.

Think Byram would have to prove his long term fitness too and it would very much depend what league we are in whether we bought him.

In other news, it looks like Jacob Rees Mogg has hacked into Ben Osborn's Dad's twitter account:

'Ex Luna sciantia the future is different'

Benny has 18 months' ish left on his contract & for the first time in a few years, he is not getting game time.

Whilst he is a tidy little player, for the right money, I can't imagine we'd keep him.

Benny has 18 months' ish left on his contract & for the first time in a few years, he is not getting game time.

Whilst he is a tidy little player, for the right money, I can't imagine we'd keep him.

"Benny has 18 months' ish left on his contract...…"

This effectively means we have six months value left in him as far as a transfer fee goes; if he gets to 12 months and rejects a new contract his value plummets.

It could well be that the moronic shite his father insists on posting is part of some elaborate plan to get Ben a new deal; its far more likely that he is just another **** with a keyboard though.

It would be a shame if he does go because it will cost far more to replace a player of his age and quality than what we will get for him.

"Benny has 18 months' ish left on his contract...…"

This effectively means we have six months value left in him as far as a transfer fee goes; if he gets to 12 months and rejects a new contract his value plummets.

It could well be that the moronic shite his father insists on posting is part of some elaborate plan to get Ben a new deal; its far more likely that he is just another **** with a keyboard though.

It would be a shame if he does go because it will cost far more to replace a player of his age and quality than what we will get for him.

Think it's summer 2020 when he is out of contract & Aitor mentioned that they were looking at 'sorting' his contract.

Love him or loathe him, he's been a good servant to the club - but much depends on what Ben wants, given that he is now fighting for a place - however, he needs to decide on the place he's fighting for.

I know Calvin disagrees - but I do not feel he is a left back, although I do appreciate he provides cover in that position. He's also behind others in a midfield/left wing role.

I think we will get an offer for Ben in January and as such, the player himself may be tempted to look at fresh pastures.

Think it's summer 2020 when he is out of contract & Aitor mentioned that they were looking at 'sorting' his contract.

Love him or loathe him, he's been a good servant to the club - but much depends on what Ben wants, given that he is now fighting for a place - however, he needs to decide on the place he's fighting for.

I know Calvin disagrees - but I do not feel he is a left back, although I do appreciate he provides cover in that position. He's also behind others in a midfield/left wing role.

I think we will get an offer for Ben in January and as such, the player himself may be tempted to look at fresh pastures.

I think he's a modern left back for an attacking, high tempo team. Which we aren't...