Salop home boxing day | Page 6 | Vital Football

Salop home boxing day

The academy players, at the time, were the only players we could sell. We had no other money coming in back then.
This is incorrect - the bids for Moore were accepted before the Fulham game which I believe precedes the jettisoning of our future talent. Devine 24th July, Weir 28th July, Joffy 10th August
Now I really will leave it !

Come on Moonay - players agents would have done what's best for them and their clients which = lower fee to value ratio = higher sign on fee and weekly wages.
As for clubs in a 3 way race not being willing to up a bid to get the prize - again basic supply and demand - as I said a child could have walked the price up 🙈.
The fact is the basic errors made by the admins at the start of admin have resulted in more cuts than was necessary.
Now I know you are playing and will leave it thanks.

I've honestly not been "playing". The discussion started around the pitch, and then you expanded it to player sales, cos it suited your purpose.

I agree the Admins want reaming for not getting more money for all our players ....... but I accept that circumstances weren't in their favour.

If any of the those multiple teams had wanted to up their offers for Moore or Loew, I'm sure the Admins would have snapped their hands off. The clubs would still have had a bargain........... but we don't know that the clubs wanted to up their offers.

I'll say again........regardless, the non-prioritisation of the pitch is understandable ......... though regrettable.

This is incorrect - the bids for Moore were accepted before the Fulham game which I believe precedes the jettisoning of our future talent. Devine 24th July, Weir 28th July, Joffy 10th August
Now I really will leave it !

I'm not going to bother checking, but I'm fairly sure that the early departures were before the transfer window opened.

I'm not going to argue the toss though ........ I'm just going from what Krasner/Stanley said (cue the "lying bastards" allegations).

75K on top of the pittance paid for one of our star players would have easily covered the wages for a year for a top groundsman and as much leccy as neccessary.

I fully agree ...........but it was £75k that we didn't have/get.

I'm not going to bother checking, but I'm fairly sure that the early departures were before the transfer window opened.

I'm not going to argue the toss though ........ I'm just going from what Krasner/Stanley said (cue the "lying bastards" allegations).
No do check - because the dates above are correct and therefore wouldn't suit your arguement 😉
Unless you trust Paul Cook less than the admins then the Moore bids were accepted before the Fulham game as he stated

OoohDonnie ........comme ci comme ca.

Hampton, was the transfer window open then? Hey, if you're right, great, I'm happy for you .... the admins were tossers ......... but the match stream money still isn't going to them.

I fully agree ...........but it was £75k that we didn't have/get.
Apparently we got £100K more off Fulham for Robinson than what the release clause said.
That could have been used, albeit slightly late for the immediate end of season maintenance programme

Apparently we got £100K more off Fulham for Robinson than what the release clause said.
That could have been used, albeit slightly late for the immediate end of season maintenance programme

I imagine it was probably used to pay wages etc ...........and avoided having to sell another player.

I imagine it was probably used to pay wages etc ...........and avoided having to sell another player.
Unfortunately all the admins thoughts were about selling players for whatever they could get just to pay the debts off.
There was no thought at all about what the club would be like should it survive, in fact, I don't think they thought or even cared whether the club did survive.
If there had been any thought for the future, they could have avoided having to sell half the players they did and there would have been plenty money left over for wages and the infrastructure of the club.
Absolute bastards of the tallest order, I can't wait to see the backs of the T. wats.

Unfortunately all the admins thoughts were about selling players for whatever they could get just to pay the debts off.
There was no thought at all about what the club would be like should it survive, in fact, I don't think they thought or even cared whether the club did survive.
If there had been any thought for the future, they could have avoided having to sell half the players they did and there would have been plenty money left over for wages and the infrastructure of the club.
Absolute bastards of the tallest order, I can't wait to see the backs of the T. wats.
To be absolutely fair, that's an easy thing to say.

I agree that didn't think (or care) about the future, but the funds raising is an easy target to kick em with.

I think they are deserving of a kick, but I'm not convinced that they could have raised all the amounts of money people reckon.

To be absolutely fair, that's an easy thing to say.

I agree that didn't think (or care) about the future, but the funds raising is an easy target to kick em with.

I think they are deserving of a kick, but I'm not convinced that they could have raised all the amounts of money people reckon.
Maybe not as much as some would say, but they could have raised a substantial amout more than they did.

I widened the discussion as IMO there is cash available (on the right terms as a loan) which could be made to the admins by the SC to maintain the DW pitch - is that against the "rules" ?

The pitch belongs to the stadium management company, and I would imagine the SC money is only to be used for WAFC.

Plus, you'd get Bickymon on here creating because SC money was used to repair a pitch that the Warriors then played on.

The money doesn't look like it is going to be needed to save the club so, instead of returning it, I think it should be ploughed into Community initiatives run by Wigan Athletic and try to get the club/FA/EFL to match it.

OoohDonnie ........comme ci comme ca.

Hampton, was the transfer window open then? Hey, if you're right, great, I'm happy for you .... the admins were tossers ......... but the match stream money still isn't going to them.
The match stream money is going to the club - who is running the club and it's finances - that'll be the admins - you're welcome 😘

The pitch belongs to the stadium management company, and I would imagine the SC money is only to be used for WAFC.

Plus, you'd get Bickymon on here creating because SC money was used to repair a pitch that the Warriors then played on.
Maybe we should ask that nice Mr Pollard to make a contribution as they've paid next to nowt this year in total 😉

The match stream money is going to the club - who is running the club and it's finances - that'll be the admins - you're welcome 😘
Mate........the administration aren't being paid out of the club daily finances. That pays the players, other staff, playing expenses and other bills.

The Admins will be paid from the sale.

Mate........the administration aren't being paid out of the club daily finances. That pays the players, other staff, playing expenses and other bills.

The Admins will be paid from the sale.
It really is a moot point how and when they get paid. The principle of them getting paid for doing a shit job from day 1 is my wider point.
As you know this has been my position from very early on hence my decision not to spend any money with the club until they have no control of it or benefit from it.
That these clowns can have free reign over firesaling anything of value then allowing the day to day key aspects of operations (i.e. the pitch) together with the stadium infrastructure go to rack and run whilst at the same time denying the meagerest of hospitality to visiting club owners is a feckin disgrace and not one I wish to be supportive of.
That these parasites can skim off sell on fees for players sold for buttons when their true value is realised and for sure a whole host of other tidy earns and can continue to bill the club for "having nothing to do but wait" is appalling.
If you and others choose to do otherwise of course that's your perogative - it's not for me though.

That's cos they've not played there in the main.
🙄
If I rent a house and don't live there then sure I would qualify for a rent decrease 🤔🙄
Any commercial landlord would have a fallback min guarantee payment clause to cover such an event.
Together with the set up of alternate catering facilities another example of our club being mugged off.
Never mind eh, let's shrug shoulders and forget it, it's a regular occurrence.