Salop home boxing day | Vital Football

Salop home boxing day

Hampton

Vital Football Hero
Looking forward to this young uns sure to have had loads of choices today - v.high energy levels
3-1 tics 🔵⚪

Really tough game today.
When Cotterill took charge at the end of November Shrewsbury were second bottom on 9 points - 1 ahead of Wigan.
Since then, in the league, they've beaten Doncaster, Lincoln and Hull away and drawn with Charlton and Accrington at home and now sit 16th on 20 points - 5 ahead of us.
He's clearly provided the much lauded "new manager" bounce since joining them.
I'm hoping they relax their guard today cos it's "only Wigan" after playing a lot of the big guns in the division recently.
I'd definitely take a draw.

As usual I will be happy with a decent performance and hope we can shade it with the odd goal or two.

Wait to see who we have available and which dozy sod has injured himself by dropping a mince pie on his toe yesterday. The way our luck is going with injuries we are now down to the bare bones of a squad.

Three points would make a wonderful Christmas present however Santa hasn't been very generous so far this season.

Lots of other teams are calling games off again due to small numbers of covid cases 1 at Rochdale - why aren't we playing this card - must be someone with a sniffle ?
Rescheduling games post window would very much be to our benefit 🤔

I'm going for a 2-0 home win. Really going to miss being at the stadium, used to love the Boxing Day home matches.
This time next year?
:please:

Latics: J.Jones (Capt); James, Johnson, Tilt, Pearce; Merrie, Perry; Gardner, Palmer, Naismith; Keane

Subs: O.Evans, Obi, Long, Smith, Crankshaw, Aasgaard, Joseph

Hopefully back 2 our 4-2-3-1 and a bit of possession / ball playing and with us being somewhat harder to play through. Some of the recent opposition have just seemed to saunter through our midfield unopposed.

Pitch is dreadful what a disgrace, stadium looks so tired with all the faded seats.

Nothing to do with the rugby and everything to do with lack of maintenance and numbers of ground staff. Are those banks of heat lamps ever used anymore ? I doubt it.
This game is unremarkable in every respect so far ...I had hopes for Palmer when he signed but he can go back to Swindon as soon as he likes for me