Salford | Vital Football

Salford

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
You have to congratulate them on winning the playoff final. They set out to achieve promotion to the FL and have succeeded.
Whether their financial model is sustainable depends on the commitment of the Class of 92- without their support then Salford will go the way of Rushden and Diamonds!

A gate of just over 8000 for s playoff final at Wembley must have hit the coffers of the National League.

Was just thinking about that this morning. Does FFP not exist in the National league?

Having the backing that Salford have surely puts other clubs at a disadvantage and takes away the level playing field.

Clubs like Gateshead for instance whose previous owners, Richard in particular, said in an interview clubs in the National league need average home attendances of 2500 to break even.

If this is the case surely Salford, where the average attendance is 2489, are at best breaking even or are otherwise gaining an unfair advantage on other clubs by existing outside of sustainable financial means.

Hopefully we’ll pass them next season on our way up and their way down.
:red:

I believe FFP allows a rich benefactor to "gift" monies to a club, hence the problem arises once the benefactor loses interest.
This applies in the EFL as well as the NL

Last edited:
Good day Poolies. Stockport County fan here... hope you don't mind me posting in peace.

Just wanted to say it will be great to be playing 'proper' former league clubs again after 6 years in the Conference North and I am glad Salford are not going to feature.

What a load of nonsense this whole situation is. A vehicle for certain ex-players egos. Changed the club colours from orange to red. I genuinely feel sorry for the couple of hundred or so real Salford fans.

Looking forward to facing Hartlepool next season - a great beery day out for your fans if you are thinking about visiting Edgeley Park next season.

All the best

Cropped (SCFC)

Good day Poolies. Stockport County fan here... hope you don't mind me posting in peace.

Just wanted to say it will be great to be playing 'proper' former league clubs again after 6 years in the Conference North and I am glad Salford are not going to feature.

What a load of nonsense this whole situation is. A vehicle for certain ex-players egos. Changed the club colours from orange to red. I genuinely feel sorry for the couple of hundred or so real Salford fans.

Looking forward to facing Hartlepool next season - a great beery day out for your fans if you are thinking about visiting Edgeley Park next season.

All the best

Cropped (SCFC)

Hopefully it’ll be the first or last game of the season, we’ll bring a few over makes for a good atmosphere and a few quid in the bank.
:red:

All the best

Cropped (SCFC)

Great to hear from a fellow supporter of a proper footy team. Pools and Stockport go back a long way and have a lot in common.

Great to hear from a fellow supporter of a proper footy team. Pools and Stockport go back a long way and have a lot in common.

Hi Alfalf2 - yes, we are all dedicated and long-suffering and need psychiatric help I think! I pop over to this place every now and then. Great if a few more Poolies got involved.

And BillyTwoDogs... agree if County v Pools was first or last game. Just hope it's not a night match for you. Once the fixtures are out I will pop back with pub suggestions for those who like refreshment.

All the best

Cropped (SCFC)

Isn't it great to have a football ground called Edgeley Park rather than something like The We Sold Our Soul Stadium.

Isn't it great to have a football ground called Edgeley Park rather than something like The We Sold Our Soul Stadium.

Hi Block Sands... it is but we rent it off the Council who now own it. Pools own their own ground I take it? We are also still as poor as church mice - the current owners (I suspect) are slowly recovering their losses.

And it is going to be £18 walk-up price to get in next season. How does that compare with you ?

Hi Block Sands... it is but we rent it off the Council who now own it. Pools own their own ground I take it? We are also still as poor as church mice - the current owners (I suspect) are slowly recovering their losses.

And it is going to be £18 walk-up price to get in next season. How does that compare with you ?

Unless something has changed and I missed it (quite possible) Pools are in the same situation. The Council bought the ground many years ago when HUFC was about to go under and leased it back to the club. One of our recent owners IOR Ltd tried to buy it back but couldn't come to an agreement because they weren't prepared to pay what the Council wanted plus some other conditions they didn't like. I think that was part of the reason (only part I agree) that IOR left after ploughing in many millions of pounds and taking us to the League 1 playoff final.

Unless something has changed and I missed it (quite possible) Pools are in the same situation. The Council bought the ground many years ago when HUFC was about to go under and leased it back to the club. One of our recent owners IOR Ltd tried to buy it back but couldn't come to an agreement because they weren't prepared to pay what the Council wanted plus some other conditions they didn't like. I think that was part of the reason (only part I agree) that IOR left after ploughing in many millions of pounds and taking us to the League 1 playoff final.

I didn't know that. Seems like there are even more similarities between our two clubs that I first thought.

I'd be happy with mid-table next season. Guess Pools would be targeting a bit higher than that?