Sales Calls | Vital Football

Sales Calls

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Sales calls... they seem to be on the increase so why not have some fun?

One asked me this morning who provides my tv. I said Sony... they said yes, but where do you get your programmes from. I said, well, my tv...!

Monday I was asked if they could talk to Mrs Fear .. (there is no Mrs Fear!) I answered 'no, I killed her years back, can I help?'

Amuses me. Next one up I'm going to ask if they want me to sing them a song I think!

Oh and if anyone rings you saying they are doing a survey for whatever your police force is, don't agree to do it, they aren't representing any police force at all, they are consumer questions that they then sell on.

telephone preference service doesn't seem to work any more (only works with sales calls, not surveys and other crap anyway)

Each provider like BT, talktalk etc should have the ability for us to be able to request calls to be blocked.

I use to say "I am really interested - can i put you on hold whilst i hang up the other the line" - then leave them on hold for as long they stay.

snap, get the feckers talking then gently put your phone down and walk away..............

When they ask "can I tell you about <insert unwanted service here>"

Simply answer: "Of course, but first I want to tell you about how I found Christ."

Tends to get rid of them.

The worse sales call I had was at between 6-am-7-am in the morning from an Indian woman wanting to sell me at T-Mobile phone and contract. She had rung many times before. She didn't seem to understand @I am not interested then.'

She certainly did the last time. I never heard from her again. Yes I am registered with telephone preference. Not getting really any calls atm.

JF I read you need to re-register every 6 months to make sure it stays up to date, so maybe you need to re-register again

nope, all registered, just think it is a pile of pants these days, many are foreign call centers who don't give a damn.

Just had a third call from the same jokers 06455541

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/06455541

Had one about a month ago claiming to be windows and that I had a virus on my pc. I thanked him, said it had been really slow lately and went through to the point I was about to pay him then put the phone down. He called straight back and apologised the call was lost.
I got him to go through some of the details again, and when he mentioned windows, I said ' windows..... But I've got an Apple Mac, it runs on a different operating system....' He then put the phone down on me.
Technically not a sales call, more of a scam, but had fun with it nontheless

Had a Microsoft one years back, I played for a while but knew. I worry how many get these calls and don't know, they would only need a small percentage. Bastards.

Checked with talktalk, there is a call block service (of course the rats charge, it should be provided as a free service in my humble) but as I'm getting the same numbers over and over, I am subscribing to it.

McGrath4Pope - 5/9/2013 20:42

When they ask "can I tell you about <insert unwanted service here>"

Simply answer: "Of course, but first I want to tell you about how I found Christ."

Tends to get rid of them.

:1: Excellent.

A friend of mine used to put his 5 year old son on the phone, telling him there's a man on the phone wants to know what Father Christmas is bringing him........

Made me laugh.......

There's a scam/ trick out there, when you ring a landline the call does not disconnect until the caller hangs up (try it if you don't believe me). So they phone your house and say is they have reason to believe your credit card has been stolen there have been some unusual payments etc etc please ring your local branch ASAP.

So the victim will then hang up and then dial the bank, but the previous call has not disconnected so when the victim phones the bank they are actually still on the line to the scammers. They pretend to be the bank and then get all your bank details off the victim

Slightly unrelated but I thought I would let you know about it

I had a call once trying flog something,so i let him go on a bit,then said Hang on,do you go camping ?
He said i beg your pardon,so i repeated myself and went into full sales mode,attempting to flog him a 6 berth tent.
I don`t know why,but the fella hung up !

The Fear - 5/9/2013 21:28

Had a Microsoft one years back, I played for a while but knew. I worry how many get these calls and don't know, they would only need a small percentage. Bastards.

Checked with talktalk, there is a call block service (of course the rats charge, it should be provided as a free service in my humble) but as I'm getting the same numbers over and over, I am subscribing to it.

is it on your mobile or land line phone? If it's on your mobile (I believe you have an android phone) you can just save the numbers in your address book and get the phone to block the calls.............free! :14:

Not a sales call but had a scam e-mail yesterday. I seen through it straight away, though many wouldn't looking at it from all angles as I do with these. I reported it.

Got to do with all these things, do something about them, how you can