Salary Cap? | Page 11 | Vital Football

Salary Cap?

I'm a fan if implemented correctly. But without them in the Championship and Premiership this will create a massive gulf between the divisions that have them and the division above that does not.

I would have thought with the transfer window shut this will have no impact this season. I may be wrong though.

It could if you sign from below a certain level of the pyramid or unregistered players, I think? But no, not much effect I'd say for this season.

Throws a lot of plans awry, though, potentially.

We need to get promoted this season more than ever now.

The PFA have got their way and the big clubs will spend loads next season that we won't be able to compete with.

This season will be our best chance to get into the second tier because next season just got a whole lot more difficult.

A shame as I think there is a lot of merit to it, and something has to be done regarding clubs who continually spend way beyond their means and get into financial difficulty. It actually felt like something positive was being done about the problem.

On a selfish note, the salary cap arguably levelled the playing field somewhat for us.

We need to get promoted this season more than ever now.

The PFA have got their way and the big clubs will spend loads next season that we won't be able to compete with.

This season will be our best chance to get into the second tier because next season just got a whole lot more difficult.
Yep, there are always a few big ex-Prem sides in L1 and there could well be some big names next year with parachute payments as well. Plus Pilley can start spending again at Fl££twood.

As said before, I don’t think a salary cap was the way to go and instead proper liquidity financial reporting is the way to go

You would have thought the PFA would have supported ensuring clubs could pay their employees and members, particularly since it's often the PFA who have to step in and keep the players solvent with grants to the clubs in trouble...

I'm sick and fed up of football continually finding ways of not finding ways to ensure financial stability and therefore it's future.

This time it's The PFA gambling on short termism and the hope that there will always be another billionaire galloping over the hill to bail out the latest bankrupt club or another club waiting to throw itself into the world of unsustainability.

(Sigh) Back to the drawing board and merry go round of financial disasters. Football really deserves a thorough imposition of direct government interference after this, as yet again the interested parties have failed between themselves to come up with an enforceable sustainable model.

I'm sick and fed up of football continually finding ways of not finding ways to ensure financial stability and therefore it's future.

This time it's The PFA gambling on short termism and the hope that there will always be another billionaire galloping over the hill to bail out the latest bankrupt club or another club waiting to throw itself into the world of unsustainability.

(Sigh) Back to the drawing board and merry go round of financial disasters. Football really deserves a thorough imposition of direct government interference after this, as yet again the interested parties have failed between themselves to come up with an enforceable sustainable model.

Totally agree, it might not be a perfect solution but it was a hell of a lot better than any other one that had been tried...

Are the PFA still in the 1990's thinking that this will ensure that their members get silly money from clubs?
Clubs will look to continue to cut costs and that will include players

Its like Turkeys voting for Christmas in that;

PFA win, and no salary cap on L1/L2 clubs, then
L1/l2 spend more than can afford, then
Clubs go bust, then
Less jobs (players) required.

It now makes bringing forward the permanent signings of Regan, Cohen and Max even more astute and forward thinking. The price they may have commanded in the summer may well have put us further out of the frame. Having said that it was stated they signed for football and not necessarily financial reasons, but there is still the market price.
Very astute from the club again.