Saints away following | Vital Football

Saints away following

Irn-Bru Fleck

Vital Squad Member
Cracking support tbh, over 1k easily. Must be either loyal supporters or crackers. Sang alot aswell.

Third round of the league Cup
Midweek game
No trains back?
4hr journey

Cracking support tbh, over 1k easily. Must be either loyal supporters or crackers. Sang alot aswell.

Third round of the league Cup
Midweek game
No trains back?
4hr journey
I’ve done Southampton away midweek way back when and it’s a grind but to do it for the who gives a fuck cup :clap:

Is this the same “who gives a **** cup” which had over 72,500 at Old Trafford last night and more than 56,000 to watch Arsenal v Wimbledon?
Apparently some people give a ****, including such football luminaries as Rod and myself.

If our club want us to give a fuck and turn up they should behave like they give a fuck even if they don't - and I'm not talking about picking the strongest possible team.

They hardly even make it viable for us to care. And presumably that will just go on forever, and we'll waste the only real chance we might have to win something.

Is this the same “who gives a **** cup” which had over 72,500 at Old Trafford last night and more than 56,000 to watch Arsenal v Wimbledon?
Apparently some people give a ****, including such football luminaries as Rod and myself.
I don't get how some fans moan we never win owt then say they don't give a damn about a cup tie.I want us to win every game we play,including Academy and friendly games, but i didn't expect us to beat the Saints on Tuesday but i was still disappointed when we lost the shoot out and before the usual happy gits on here say owt this aint me claiming the Bigger BLADE trophy just me saying what i think.UTB

I don't get how some fans moan we never win owt then say they don't give a damn about a cup tie.I want us to win every game we play,including Academy and friendly games, but i didn't expect us to beat the Saints on Tuesday but i was still disappointed when we lost the shoot out and before the usual happy gits on here say owt this aint me claiming the Bigger BLADE trophy just me saying what i think.UTB
🏆

Fair play to any fans that make that trip for a midweek game whatever the competition.
I think our trophy cabinet confirms no cup competition is beneath us, the thought of a trip to Wembley and actually winning a trophy is something most fans dream of. The performance against Southampton was great to see and it appeared the players wanted to progress.

I don't get how some fans moan we never win owt then say they don't give a damn about a cup tie.

I'd like the club to show that it gives a damn. 11 changes from Saturday against an established PL side (although also making 11 changes), just says 'We dont care'. Its a game to nothing to give the squad also-rans a kick-about..

Although most of the support would be 'embarrassed' about winning the Auto windscreens Cup, (whatever its called now), THAT, when we were in L1, was undoubtedly the only cup we could, even possibly, win at Wembley. In the EFL cup we might get to the quarters, might just make a semi, if everything goes brilliantly. We're not going to win it.

Pity nobody told the clubs
most of those fans will be the ones that can’t get tickets for league games and took the chance to see their team live,meanwhile we lost about 20k fans for our games
I went to all 3 games btw

I'd like the club to show that it gives a damn. 11 changes from Saturday against an established PL side (although also making 11 changes), just says 'We dont care'. Its a game to nothing to give the squad also-rans a kick-about..

Although most of the support would be 'embarrassed' about winning the Auto windscreens Cup, (whatever its called now), THAT, when we were in L1, was undoubtedly the only cup we could, even possibly, win at Wembley. In the EFL cup we might get to the quarters, might just make a semi, if everything goes brilliantly. We're not going to win it.
The way we played on Tuesday told me The BLADES team that played gave a damn Pops,if we'd gone unchanged from the Hull game(we couldn't tho cos one or two were cup tied i believe) and had a couple of injuries the usual suspects would then have moaned about not changing the side.There were a lot more pluses than negatives on Tuesday in my opinion and i stick by my point of why moan about us never winning owt then say it's a nowt cup,but as always each to their own.Roll on Satdi and Wayne Rooney's Derby. UTB

Bit different though isn't it
The entire 72,500 at Old Trafford could collapse and drop dead this second (heaven forbid), and another 72,500 will take their place immediately.

A league cup tie is the only opportunity that many fans have to see Man United play

If 10,000 or 20,000 of our last remaining fans decide not to go, there isn't a soul on earth who'd be interested in taking a ticket, even for free.

The way we played on Tuesday told me The BLADES team that played gave a damn Pops,if we'd gone unchanged from the Hull game(we couldn't tho cos one or two were cup tied i believe) and had a couple of injuries the usual suspects would then have moaned about not changing the side.There were a lot more pluses than negatives on Tuesday in my opinion and i stick by my point of why moan about us never winning owt then say it's a nowt cup,but as always each to their own.Roll on Satdi and Wayne Rooney's Derby. UTB

Of course the individual players care. A good performance might be the difference between getting a shirt or sitting in the stand come Saturday. Why is it so difficult to understand that playing a reserve team shows that the club does not take its progression in the competition seriously. Am I talking a different language..? (Rhetorical...)

Of course the individual players care. A good performance might be the difference between getting a shirt or sitting in the stand come Saturday. Why is it so difficult to understand that playing a reserve team shows that the club does not take its progression in the competition seriously. Am I talking a different language..? (Rhetorical...)
Why is it so difficult to understand not everyone shares your opinion all the time Pops? Did Man City play their best side in every round when they won the cup for the last 4 years or however long it is they've won it? UTB

Why is it so difficult to understand not everyone shares your opinion all the time Pops? Did Man City play their best side in every round when they won the cup for the last 4 years or however long it is they've won it? UTB

Man Citys reserves are better than most clubs first teams....

Still their reserves tho Pops.:yes: UTB

Which just proves my original point that this is a competition for the also-rans, the subs, the kids, and the 'never-get-a-games'. If the club were serious about winning the cup, then we should put our best team out. We don't, therefore the club is not serious, and if the club isn't serious, then why should we be...? ...aaaaand we've completed the whole 360degrees again....

Which just proves my original point that this is a competition for the also-rans, the subs, the kids, and the 'never-get-a-games'. If the club were serious about winning the cup, then we should put our best team out. We don't, therefore the club is not serious, and if the club isn't serious, then why should we be...? ...aaaaand we've completed the whole 360degrees again....
Just out of interest when would you say the squad players should get some game time? Would you still not care if we ever were to reach the final of this comp? Were you not bothered when we reached the semi final in this comp v Liverpool when Warnock and when Clough was in charge when we played Spurs? UTB