Safe Standing | Vital Football

Safe Standing

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
We all know the battle for safe standing has been gaining pace over the last few seasons but it's now been intimated that it could be with us by next season!

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524172">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Surely there is no reason we can't do it in the Lower North Stand? Would be an ideal place, as would the Holte Lower imho. I love to stand, and definitely get more into it than when sitting.

This summer sounds a bit optimistic, and can't see the government relaxing the regulations any time soon. Unless one of the Sky clubs want to do it.

Used to love standing in the old Holte End. That was all before football became £ootball though! Would help the atmosphere no end I think

Yes . I agree , that's why I enjoy the away games so much , the standing makes for a much better atmosphere.

I sit towards the back of k4 so stand up all the while anyway.
Hate sitting down, I was raised on an all standing Holte End and loved every minute of it, would love to see it back.

Has to happen as everyone stands up away from home. Nobody from Liverpool has the right to stop this . Hillsborough was truly horrendous , thank God there are no fences to pen people in like dogs. Get it done.

Hillsborough was because of overcrowding, nothing to do with standing or sitting. In Germany the standing areas also have fold up seats and so have an actual capacity. Safe as safe can be. I'm amazed it's taken so long for it to even be a possibility.

Feel very strongly about this, as things currently stand it’s ridiculous. Everywhere I’ve had a season ticket I’ve stood and every away game I’ve stood, when things get a bit mad like after a goal it can be pretty unsafe with people falling over each other and into the rows in front, it can hurt! Stick some rails in between and problem solved (Plus I’d love something to lean on), then it becomes an actual standing area where hopefully people will go and make some noise too like at Celtic. At Celtic it’s very well controlled, you can’t access the standing area without a standing ticket even if there are empty ‘seats’. You’ll then have the choice to stand or sit, you won’t have any problems with the man or woman in front standing when you want to sit because you’ll buy your ticket elsewhere, the same would apply at away games too. At Dortmund the lower away is standing and the upper is sitting, same at Leverkusen and more in Germany.

Would love to see some kind of protest around this decision as the statement she gave after was nothing short of utter b*****ks! Signed the petition.

It's all the plops fault.

What really narks me is the fact that they always consult the plop fans whenever the subject is raised.

It's got fuck all to do with them and they have proved yet again that they can't behave.

Ban them for life from having safe standing.

The spirit of shankley fan group had a return of around 90% in favour of bringing back standing, they visited Celtic last week with Hillsborough families and apparently were impressed with what they saw/experienced.

The spirit of shankley fan group had a return of around 90% in favour of bringing back standing, they visited Celtic last week with Hillsborough families and apparently were impressed with what they saw/experienced.

But why are they even involved.

I moved over to L8 this season and yeah it’s all standing, formalising it I think would certainly change it for the better. There must be people in there who probably don’t want to stand when they buy the odd match ticket which is unfair on them I guess. Making an area officially standing would mean those people not looking at that area when deciding where to buy their ticket therefore getting the right people in.

I weren’t sure whether people stood where I got my seat in L8 for this season so I was glad when I first took my seat that it was, I would’ve been disappointed at having to sit!

I think the arguments for standing areas are pretty clear

The problem is there is no real reason for politicians to put their head above the parapet and do anything

It is more safe to have the all fans seated, there is no question about that so they won’t change it. Of course the practicalities that a lot of fans stand up anyway which makes it more dangerous because the grounds haven’t been designed for it are easily swept away because if there was an incident it was just be blamed on the fans or poor policing

I wonder if eventually the clubs will take it upon themselves - it’s clear that the official rules are ignored for away fans anyway so maybe clubs will build unofficial safe standing areas for home fans and just turn a blind eye

As I said filled in this or a similar petition not long ago , got the Party response from my tosser of a Labour MP saying they did not support standing . By all means fill it in and get a nice letter from the House of Commons but don't expect the tossers to support the will of the people

I wonder if eventually the clubs will take it upon themselves - it’s clear that the official rules are ignored for away fans anyway so maybe clubs will build unofficial safe standing areas for home fans and just turn a blind eye

This is what I was also thinking. The rail seats still have seats so would installing them be breaking legislation or regulations? We stand in seated areas anyway so what would be so different standing in a rail seated area? Just leave them unlocked and people can sit if they choose to.

There is a championship club that still has standing, Brentford. The 4 year rule for them to convert to seating is being overlooked as they’re building a new stadium and it would be a waste of resources to do so. There’s also burton but they won’t be in there much longer.

But why are they even involved.

A lot of clubs have gone up to Glasgow to see this rail seat area in action including Villa, obviously when Liverpool go up it’s going to attract a bit more attention due to what’s happened in the past with their fans.

Nope the rails seats would comply with the need for safe standing as wanted by fans in this country, subject to a change in legislation, but for Champions League et al stipulations of seating only, the seats come down to fulfil the same purpose.

Shrewsbury are also introducing a rail seating section for next season as they don't exist within the current guidelines.