Safe standing | Vital Football

Safe standing

Jimmy Jazz

Vital 1st Team Regular
Seen Paul Kendrick Twitter post about safe standing area so what’s the general view on this amongst the Wigan support in this forum ??

Used to love the standing at games but I now appreciate being seated. I think it would help to generate an atmosphere at the DW though and maybe it could be introduced in the South stand.

Leave the seats in, no point going backwards, away fans don't sit down anyway.

At least women and kids get to see the game these days instead of some big daft sod blocking their view.

There’s a suggestion from Crouch’s review about allowing drinking during the match. Was always a bad idea, even more so in light of recent events.

Personally I’m quite happy and prefer to sit down at games (must be an age thing), though accept this is a rarity away. At home I’m sure those in Es2 will probably be all for a standing area, though suspect the majority who attend are still happy to be sat down at home.

I remember one rendition of " stand up if you luv Wiggin " and quite a few were going up in installments....then when they finally managed it had forgot why they did it in the first place.

Reactions: GSM
We have ( % wise ) a young travelling support and I guarantee they would be for it. You are asking ( in general ) a bunch of old men on this forum who most have difficulty scratching their bollocks never mind standing.

Hardly surprising is it ?

There's a guarantee in life (100%) - all will get old and infirm one day. That's when it'll be their turn to vote against standing.

I sit but I’d rather stand but no chance of getting a standing ticket. I get the id rather sit etc but when we score everyone is out their seats. A standing section fit those who want it seems achievable