Safe Standing Update | Vital Football

Safe Standing Update

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Shrewsbury Town have become the first FL club to introduce the safe standing rail seats ready for the new season https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...gue-one-rail-seating-rotherham-play-off-final

There is some suggestion that clubs in the top two divisions may be allowed this from 2019-2020. I have no objection to forest having it as long as I don't have to use it. I know quite a few people here are really keen so here are some pictures of the finished installation.

download-3.jpgimages-3.jpg

i havent quite grasped it yet. if i can sit and the person stand in front of me without obstructing my sitting down view? then great.

i havent quite grasped it yet. if i can sit and the person stand in front of me without obstructing my sitting down view? then great.

It will be like going to an away game were people pay inflated prices for a seat and then stand throughout the game.

The one aspect no one appears to want to talk about regarding safe standing is the pricing.

I had a look on the Celtic site as they are the only club I am aware of with existing safe standing; no prices are available as every seat/standing area has been sold as a season ticket.

I had a look at the Shrewsbury site as they have introduced safe standing but no distinction made between the different areas.

I suspect that if there is a difference in pricing it will be negligible.

On the few occasions I have frequented the vile block, standing has made my back ache. I remember going Belle Vue with Princess ToT and the Magic Tramp in 2007 and I had to have a lie down after standing for so long. Even when I go away I get a few mins on my arse (steady AC)

I suspect that if there is a difference in pricing it will be negligible

I don't think there will be any real difference in pricing. The reason it used to cost less to stand was purely down to the fact you could fit more people in, which in retrospect was the actual problem.

With rail seats you are still only allowed 1 person per seat available so there is literally no difference in the clubs income whether you choose a seated space or a standing one.

I don't think there will be any real difference in pricing. The reason it used to cost less to stand was purely down to the fact you could fit more people in, which in retrospect was the actual problem.

With rail seats you are still only allowed 1 person per seat available so there is literally no difference in the clubs income whether you choose a seated space or a standing one.

Yes, I think you are right.

On the few occasions I have frequented the vile block, standing has made my back ache. I remember going Belle Vue with Princess ToT and the Magic Tramp in 2007 and I had to have a lie down after standing for so long. Even when I go away I get a few mins on my arse (steady AC)

yeah me too actually, standing in the same spot and im in bits tho rarely at any other time