SAFE STANDING PETITION NEEDS ONE FINAL PUSH | Vital Football

SAFE STANDING PETITION NEEDS ONE FINAL PUSH

Mike I have just paraphrased your article together with my own thoughts to Tracey Crouch on her direct contact page, at the Houses of Parliament for all the good it will do.
Still, every bit helps with the drip effect.

Feel free to post it up dude.
Sorry mike unable to post it up as the box where comments are entered is one of those rolling types where you have to scroll up and down to see the whole comment, therefor unable to cut and paste.

Copy and drag mouse down should do it.

Or

'Control A' to block the lot mate should work in the alternative.

Only 1500 needed now as per last tweet I spotted.

After Palace on Monday, Wolves have gone public as well I think. Be nice to see Villa follow suit as we've long said we'd be open to a trial.

Copy and drag mouse down should do it.

Or

'Control A' to block the lot mate should work in the alternative.

Only 1500 needed now as per last tweet I spotted.

After Palace on Monday, Wolves have gone public as well I think. Be nice to see Villa follow suit as we've long said we'd be open to a trial.
I will remember the above for future reference Mike but sadly once you press the send button unlike an e-mail its gone with no copy for reference

No probs, cheers for trying dude.
Sorry to go on Mike but I just went back on Crouches web site, made up a phoney message and tried your dragging the mouse down method, it worked.
Thanks, Im not very pc savvy so great to learn new things.

lol - not a problem mate. Trying to copy quotes for articles you learn all the tricks in the book for speed!

Glad to see AVFC support this. I just hope that common sense prevails and we can let people watch a match in whatever manner they wish.

I hate the fact that this is even an issue for debate. The recommendations of the Taylor Report were a massive governmental over-reach in the first place.

It has just been announced on radio 5 live that MPs will debate standing at EPL and EFL games after in excess of 100,000 people have signed a petition.

100,000 means they have to 'consider' a debate it's not a foregone conclusion but a complete PR suicide if they don't. I can't remember what it was about, but last year they ignored a petition on the basis they 'considered it' but 'couldn't find the time' or something in the diary to discuss.

But as said huge own goal if they do that and Crouch is already on record as welcoming the debate now given the response.

They will follow the majority eventually but haven't got the balls or backing to put there heads above the parapet and take a stance, in a way I don't blame them.

I do, they're there to our bidding. Not sugarcoat their own careers.

Everyone has their head above the parapet PVB, even Liverpool fans have voted in favour of safe standing - the only ones who won't, the MP's and the Premier League as an association despite the majority of Premier League clubs stating their preference for safe standing.

The Tory government or more specifically thatcher wanted football fans sat down before Hillsborough, that tradegy was just the excuse she needed to get that into action. We’ve a Tory government now which obviously still demonises fans but times have changed and hooliganism is no longer rife. If they don’t debate this in parliament then there should definitely be some sort of mass protest, preferably in the form of whole ends standing up. It’s surely win/win for the government, if it goes right then they’ve made the people happy, if it’s goes wrong then they can just say I told you so ??‍♂️ Can’t see how it’ll go wrong though.