Sad and pathetic attack on Derby coach | Vital Football

Sad and pathetic attack on Derby coach

from a derby fan forwarding another email

Firstly congratulations on reaching the Premiership and hope you had a great day yesterday.

Sadly there was an incident involving Villa fans that spoilt the whole day for quite A few Rams fans before the coach they were on even reached Wembley.

Severe damage was caused to a Big Green Coach company bus and traumatising several people including a young girl when the window they were sitting next to was smashed by an object thrown from Villa Supporters.

Hopefully like myself and all right minded football fans, you find this totally out of order and Would seek to find the purpotraitors. With that in mind, could I ask you to post the email I received from the coach company this morning on your message board. Don't know what reaction it would get but as I said most right minded people would not want their football club tarnished after such a great win by these minority idiots.

Here's the email.

Hello there,

I am writing to you as I am aware that one of our coaches going to Wembley Stadium was attacked yesterday by a small group of Aston Villa fans close to Wembley Stadium.

I have seen a video taken from a Derby fan who was onboard the coach, and whilst considerable damage was caused to the coach, the most troubling aspect of the situation was how upset everyone onboard understandably was. As a father of two young girls (both coincidentally Rams fans) it is personally very upsetting to hear a child crying due to the window they were sat next to being smashed by a flying object thrown from a crowd.

We had a large number of coaches departing Derby that day and I am writing to you as we need to track down the people who were onboard the coach which was attacked. Where you on that coach? If so, please send me your order ID. We need to contact everyone onboard to make sure they are ok and if any additional detail can be provided.

From this, we will be contacting Wembley Stadium to request that for future games, they advise a safe route for supporters coaches to stop anything like this being repeated. The route taken was a public road which was a logical route to take for the Derby County supporter coach parking.

We are truly sorry that the people on this coach had such an experienced.

It is important to point out that the actions of a small number of idiotic Aston Villa does not reflect on the majority of the Aston Villa fans who were there to enjoy the match.

Yours sincerely,

Danny Newby
Director

Big Green Coach
Big Green Coach, The Arch, 48-52 Floodgate Street, Birmingham, B5 5SL

http://www.biggreencoach.co.uk

Winner:
Green Supplier of the Year: Festival Suppliers Award 2016
Green Supplier of the Year: Event Production Awards 2016

It's a really shit thing to do no matter what the age and make up of who was on the coach. I hope they catch the people responsible.

Yeah can never understand this kind of thing this would definitely have just been young kids or complete idiots looking for an easy target.

So many drunk fans before the game. If they can't hold it , why do it ?

The bloke sitting next to me was so pissed he can't have known what was going on in the game , and to cap it off he left to go to get a drink after about 40 mins and missed Anwar's goal.

It's a really shit thing to do no matter what the age and make up of who was on the coach. I hope they catch the people responsible.
As I joyously limped back to the car park on Monday, I was approached, on two separate occasions, by Derby fans who enquired if I was ok and congratulated me on our victory. Then, I discover this crap. If anyone involved, with the ability to read, sees this - get a life and grow up. You should be ashamed. But, sadly, know that you won’t be.....

As I joyously limped back to the car park on Monday, I was approached, on two separate occasions, by Derby fans who enquired if I was ok and congratulated me on our victory. Then, I discover this crap. If anyone involved, with the ability to read, sees this - get a life and grow up. You should be ashamed. But, sadly, know that you won’t be.....

Great Atmosphere at Wembley as always , I can only assume these people are not ST holders but will be some piss heads on their twice a season trip to see the Villa .
My Granddaughter who is 8 had a great time in the kids area , and was up on her seat at the end of the game waving her flag singing hi ho silver lining, She is autistic and wouldn't understand such mindless violence . I just can't imagine how terrified the kids on the coach must have been .

Lets make sure this idiot get whats coming to him somebody know who it was

We got the 7:35 train from Moor Street and the amount of booze being taken on the train was ridiculous - boxes of bottles and trays of cans. The Transport Police were at the barriers and could have easily stopped people carrying booze on the train. There were some by us who were tanked up before we got to Wembley and one tried to get off at Bicester thinking he was at Wembley.
Yes, have a drink, but don't get bladdered.
And they are really brave people who can stand at the back of a crowd and hurl bottles at a stationary coach. Real fans around them should have had a straightener with them. They need finding and banning from Villa Park for life for dragging the good name of our club through the dirt.
I was nowhere near this incident, but I want to apologise to Derby County, their fans and the coach company.

Some low lives think football is an excuse to act like knobs without consequences, especially when beer is involved. I hope they find who did it and ban them from villa park indefinitely

As soon as I saw the videos from 9.00 AM onwards of Villa fans standing around the Green with loads of carrier bags full of beer it was obvious that it had the potential for trouble and sure enough some morons let Villa fans in general and the club down.

Drink by all means but make sure you can handle it and not be an idiot at the expense of some innocent people like this.

Me and my mates walked past the Green about 10:30, it was already heaving with well tanked up people, some of them already starting to act like dick heads to impress their mates. We said to each other I hope the Derby coaches have a different route to take as they will probably get things thrown at them.
Terrible thing to happen and you could see it coming.

I gave some money to this yesterday as felt it was only right to help try to redress this stupidity. Sadly, every club has some idiots and the ones that threw things at this coach do not represent the overwhelming majority of us. I hope that those responsible are found, given lengthy bans and at least 100 hours of community service cleaning the firm's coaches.