Ryanair | Vital Football

Ryanair

Taricco the yid

Vital Champions League
What an absolute mess.

Going to be cancelling flights until march. All the routes that don't fill up a plane will be the ones most likely to be cancelled.

It came out that rival companies have been poaching their pilots and a lot of pilots are unhappy with employment terms. Leary has even threatened to deter their time off.

When the boss comes out with stuff like this it isnt a suprise:

He accused some pilots of being “precious about themselves” and “full of their own self-importance”.

“Once you are trained and skilled at doing it … I would challenge any pilot to explain how this is a difficult job or how it is they are overworked, or how anybody who by law can’t fly more than 18 hours a week could possibly be suffering from fatigue,” he said.

The worst thing is they have a sale on right now but are not guaranteed to fly that route. Treat your staff like shit and expect them to do you no favours.

Taricco the yid - 27/9/2017 14:31

What an absolute mess.

Going to be cancelling flights until march. All the routes that don't fill up a plane will be the ones most likely to be cancelled.

It came out that rival companies have been poaching their pilots and a lot of pilots are unhappy with employment terms. Leary has even threatened to deter their time off.

When the boss comes out with stuff like this it isnt a suprise:

He accused some pilots of being “precious about themselves” and “full of their own self-importance”.

“Once you are trained and skilled at doing it … I would challenge any pilot to explain how this is a difficult job or how it is they are overworked, or how anybody who by law can’t fly more than 18 hours a week could possibly be suffering from fatigue,” he said.

The worst thing is they have a sale on right now but are not guaranteed to fly that route. Treat your staff like shit and expect them to do you no favours.

He's treated staff and customers like shit for years; I laughed myself silly when at the agm a couple of years back he claimed they were really making an effort on the customer care front.

The only defence he's got is that he never hide the fact that you paid cheap, you got cheap and if you didn't like it you could f**k off and fly someone else.

It wouldn't surprise me if he isn't deliberately trying to drive the share price down before he has to start launching the mandatory share buy backs once we leave the EU.

Nick Real Deal - 27/9/2017 20:34

This is like Ratner . 18, 000 more flights cancelled down to poor holiday planning ? Nahhhh, that is bullshit.

It is bullshit as for years Ryanair have avoided employers NI by forcing it's pilots to be self-employed 'contractors', on top of which their cabin staff are offered nothing more than zero hours contracts after having applied for a job and then having to pay thousands for the privilege of being forced to be trained at their own expense.

The airline is utter dogshite and the way it treats pilots it continues imho to put passengers at risk.

But, as always, as long as people want to use them, they'll keep doing what they do - I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Nick Real Deal - 27/9/2017 23:14

I don't want people to lose their jobs so it would be best if the airline got taken over and run properly.

The CAA are threatening serious legal action if they don't abide by legal cancellation procedures within 7 days.

The routes they are suspending is going to cause chaos.

I think they may well soon be facing a huge crisis of confidence by customers - who in their right mind would book with them now?

A pilot I know with them said almost every pilot he knows is looking for an escape.

Nick Real Deal - 28/9/2017 19:06

Are there any potential buyers for them ?

yes, a small gaggle may step forward if their shareprice and their bookings decline enough..

in the meantime; this is well worth a listen to:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/furious-ryanair-pilot-calls-lbc-on-working/?cmpid=lbc.social.facebook.LBC-KW.KWboost.edit&kwp_0=531822

That gaggle don't include Monarch. Reasons given for their demise is the reduction in flights to Egypt and Turkey due to terrorism etc.