Ryan Yates | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ryan Yates

I am assuming Yates is available to Scunthorpe for the play offs. Hope so as that will be great experience for him, particularly if they get to Wembley.

He is good enough to be in our squad next season. Gets stuck in, heads the ball, talks on the pitch and has a decent distribution.

Hes playing very deep tonight, not his normal game. I think the manager is concentrating on not conceding but its a poor tactic in my opinion hes not crossing the half way line at the moment

I know scunny fans think highly of him and whether it’s just nerves but he looks a different player to how he was a few weeks ago, bossing and organising and covering every blade of grass.

Well the tv commentator has just claimed that the average annual wage bill per club in the championship is £35m.
Excuse me - but that is clearly bollocks!

Not helped by being surrounded by terrible players. He either needs to stop with us or play for better than scunthorpe

Yep. Rotherham were the better team oin both games and deserved the win.

As for Yates... AK should at least have a look at him but the fact he didn’t seem suited to a holding role may count against him. We have a few players who play deep but like to come forward and unless he can convince AK he is the best option he may well end up on loan again.

Well the tv commentator has just claimed that the average annual wage bill per club in the championship is £35m.
Excuse me - but that is clearly bollocks!

I do not think it will be a million miles away from that figure; two seasons ago the average spend was 28m and a few big spending clubs have come down since then.

Yep. Rotherham were the better team oin both games and deserved the win.

As for Yates... AK should at least have a look at him but the fact he didn’t seem suited to a holding role may count against him. We have a few players who play deep but like to come forward and unless he can convince AK he is the best option he may well end up on loan again.

Whilst I do think that AK will give him a chance, I thought he looked a little clumsy (probably nerves) and would expect him to be loaned out again next season... Peterborough?

Whilst I do think that AK will give him a chance, I thought he looked a little clumsy (probably nerves) and would expect him to be loaned out again next season... Peterborough?
Yes I agree. I went to the Scunny Match v Rotherham on Saturday, and I was watching him closely. I don't think he is ready for top end of championship yet, so I fully expect another loan out next season, hopefully to a lower Championship team to see how he goes. Obviously got talent.

Yes I agree. I went to the Scunny Match v Rotherham on Saturday, and I was watching him closely. I don't think he is ready for top end of championship yet, so I fully expect another loan out next season, hopefully to a lower Championship team to see how he goes. Obviously got talent.

You think we'll be at the top end of the Championship l?

You think we'll be at the top end of the Championship l?
Where did I say I think we will be top end? I think we have aspirations to be top end of the championship (hopefully!?!), so if we want to be up there, my view is he is not ready yet! I am guessing you think the club don't have such aspirations?