Ryan Yates | Page 3 | Vital Football

Ryan Yates

Where did I say I think we will be top end? I think we have aspirations to be top end of the championship (hopefully!?!), so if we want to be up there, my view is he is not ready yet! I am guessing you think the club don't have such aspirations?

I'm unconvinced currently...we'll see what the window brings.

Whilst I do think that AK will give him a chance, I thought he looked a little clumsy (probably nerves) and would expect him to be loaned out again next season... Peterborough?
Loan to Christmas at a league 1 club and then take it from there. Either extend the loan or try and get him games at a championship club.

Difficult to give a convincing opinion until the window is completed but I'm optimistic that AK with a bit of backing will put us up the table.

Last summer they made noises about giving the manager time and building etc etc. We saw how that turned out...
We did although we were dropping down the league and there have been references made to goings on behind the scenes.

Would like us to stick with the same manager for a complete season for a change but this window will be a big indicator of what we can expect.

Last summer they made noises about giving the manager time and building etc etc. We saw how that turned out...

The manager has to actually do what he is paid to do though.

If you don't do that and behave like a prick to your bosses as well then it's only going to go one way

You mean improve our league position, improve our style of football, blood youngsters. That kind of thing?

Well, for a start Warburton left us in a worse league position. The only season in which our league position was confirmed under him, we finished 21st when we had been about 19th when he inherited the side.

League position when he was sacked is largely irrelevant, as you cannot prove that it was going to continue improvement, especially as we were falling like a stone. By that token, Karanka has also improved our league position from 21st to 17th, which us confirmed rather than based on fantasy.

In terms of blooding youngsters, I'm struggling to remember how many debuts have been given out by Warburton? I can't find any from our own academy youngsters. He played Tyler a bit, persisted with McKay and gave a lot of game time to Everton's youngster. It's hard to say that he really improved Smith as a player, he has destroyed Clough's career and Worrall has been consistently part of one of the club's worst defences ever.

Style of football is utterly opinion. No matter how much you try to justify it by comparing it to something even less palatable, the football under Warbs was mostly boring, turgid rubbish. The newspaper that talked about our 'sterile possession' had it 100% correct. It was the football equivalent of spending all afternoon in a church. Perhaps you can tell yourself that you have experienced something righteous but it's still boring as shit