Ryan McLaughlin - Signed | Vital Football

Ryan McLaughlin - Signed

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
2 in one day!!!

Blackpool Football Club can confirm that compensation has been agreed with Oldham Athletic for the transfer of Ryan McLaughlin.
The Northern Ireland international, who was out of contract at Boundary Park but under the age of 24, has signed a two-year deal at Bloomfield Road, with the option of a further year.
Capped on five occasions, the 23-year-old represented his country at various youth levels prior to full senior recognition and originally joined The Latics from Liverpool in 2016.
A versatile right-back, who is also capable of playing on the wing, McLaughlin departs Oldham having made 61 appearances in two seasons.
The younger brother of Millwall defender Conor McLaughlin, he becomes the 12th new player to arrive at the club this summer.
Manager Gary Bowyer said:
“I’m absolutely delighted to bring Ryan to the club. We have been working very hard on this deal all summer and his desire to join us has been incredible. He’s an exciting addition capable of playing in a variety of positions and, in my opinion, he has all the qualities to play at a higher level. We’re looking forward to bringing that talent out during his time with us.”
Ryan McLaughlin added:
“It’s been on the cards for a while and I’m delighted to finally get it all done. I’m looking forward to getting into training now and seeing all the lads. I talked to the manager and I got a really good feel for the club when I was speaking to him. I’m just delighted to come here.”

Belfast papers'view:

Northern Ireland full-back Ryan McLaughlin has joined League One side Blackpool.
The 23-year-old makes the move from fellow third-tier side Oldham Athletic after compensation was agreed between the clubs, with the former Glenavon and Liverpool man out of contract at Boundary Park.
He has signed a two-year deal at Bloomfield Road and will link up with fellow Northern Irishman Jordan Thompson, who join Gary Bowyer's side from Rangers earlier this summer.
McLaughlin's new manager is hopeful the move can help spur the player on to bigger and better things.
“I’m absolutely delighted to bring Ryan to the club," said Blackpool boss Bowyer. "We have been working very hard on this deal all summer and his desire to join us has been incredible. He’s an exciting addition capable of playing in a variety of positions and, in my opinion, he has all the qualities to play at a higher level. We’re looking forward to bringing that talent out during his time with us.”

? Welcome to Blackpool, Ryan McLaughlin. pic.twitter.com/6a7igxBgvDendpPlaceholder— Blackpool FC (@blackpoolfc) July 17, 2018
advertisement

volume is gedempt

McLaughlin, a right-back who can also play on the wing, came on as a substitute in Northern Ireland's recent friendlies against Costa Rica and Panama.
“It’s been on the cards for a while and I’m delighted to finally get it all done," he told the Blackpool club website of his transfer. "I’m looking forward to getting into training now and seeing all the lads. I talked to the manager and I got a really good feel for the club when I was speaking to him. I’m just delighted to come here.”
Ryan has to vie for the starting right-back spot for his country with brother Conor, who plays for Championship side Millwall. Ryan joined Oldham from Liverpool on a free transfer in 2016.
Blackpool finished 12th in League One last season, 10 points ahead of 21st placed Oldham.

Today's Geeerrrzzeetteee

Northern Ireland boss back Ryan McLaughlin's move to Blackpool

Ryan McLaughlin says Northern Ireland boss Michael O’Neill has given the seal of approval to his move to Blackpool.
Blackpool appoint commercial director The defender signed a two-year deal, with the option of a further 12 months, on Tuesday after compensation was agreed with his former club Oldham Athletic.
Capped by Northern Ireland on five occasions, the right-back has also represented his country at various youth levels prior to full senior recognition. His most recent caps came against Costa Rica and Panama in May, when he was joined in the squad by new Blackpool team-mate Jordan Thompson. McLaughlin revealed he had spoken to his international boss before finalising his move to Bloomfield Road – and said that O’Neill had only positive views on the move.
“It was very important to me to be placed as high as I can to keep getting those international call-ups,” McLaughlin said. “It was great to get a couple of caps in May. “I spoke to Michael O’Neill about the move and he said Blackpool was a great club to go to. “Jordan signed a couple of weeks ago too, so it will be good to have some good company from someone from back home. He’s a great player, so I’m looking forward to getting started playing alongside him.”
The brother of former Fleetwood Town defender Conor McLaughlin, the 23-year-old originally joined Oldham from Liverpool in 2016. A versatile right-back, who is also capable of playing on the wing, McLaughlin departs Oldham having made 61 appearances in two seasons.
He became the club’s 12th summer signing on the same day former Arsenal defender Marc Bola was confirmed as a Blackpool player. “I’m delighted to be here,” McLaughlin added. “To be honest it’s been on the cards for a while, so I’m just glad to finally get it all done. “I know a few of the lads here already, so I’m just looking forward to getting out there and getting my fitness up ready for the new season. “I talked to the manager and I got a really good feel for the club. “I spoke to Jay Spearing, who I know well, and he had nothing but good things to say about the people and the place. “I was just grateful to get on board and I’m hoping for a positive season.”