Ryan Leonard | Vital Football

Ryan Leonard

Who’s not surprised? Some times it’s a case of players finding the right club or area and for whatever reason it looks like he’s going to be more settled at Millwall. I think most of us thought he’d eventually come good at this level, good luck to him.

Who’s not surprised? Some times it’s a case of players finding the right club or area and for whatever reason it looks like he’s going to be more settled at Millwall. I think most of us thought he’d eventually come good at this level, good luck to him.

He's a big fish in Millwalls smaller pond, perhaps Gray..?

It’s same scenario as Lundstram currently has he isn’t as good as coutts Norwood and fleck so opportunities would be limited here,personally I was disappointed we let him leave but Chris has shown enough about himself regarding transfers and team tactics selection etc to have earnt some trust,he’s got some things wrong (nobodies perfect) maybe this will be one of them

He's a big fish in Millwalls smaller pond, perhaps Gray..?
I don’t think it’s down to that personally FKB, there’s not that much between us and Millwall. It’s more likely their style of play or that the move south is better suited for his family. I don’t think his attitude or strength of character was ever in doubt based on what we read about him so I don’t think that he was overawed, just not a good fit for us ATMIT.

Some players like to feel they're 'the man'. Hard to do that with so many players in front of you. Its all speculation of course. I'm glad he's getting a game and obviously enjoying it.

I think Lenny was similar to the much maligned Lundy,in that he was decent back up but i wunt've wanted him startin every week cos we have better players already on't pitch,i certainly have no bad feelin towards the fella tho.I have to say the only sale i've been disapointed wi is BROOKSY but alot of us have said it was alluss gunna happen when he changed agents. UTCB

I think Leonard was the one JTW signing that was starting to come good, shame really but the midfield is one area where we are very strong.

Its the one outgoing I was disappointed in. I championed his signing because having seen him on number of occasions for Southend he looked the ideal box to box midfielder. His strength is his running and energy and apparently a long throw that was an assist for Millwall's goal. He wasn't suited to 3-4-1-2 and the 4-4-2

Wall plays is ideal for him allowing the more skilled players like Wallace to get forward whilst he covers in front of the defence and gets up and down the pitch.

Lundstram has a better pass on him but he lacks energy and Lenny would still be running now if he'd played against Brizzle.

Shame it didn't work out. He's a steal at £1.25 million. I just hope we've put in a hefty signing on clause. Wall got Saville for £500,000. After 1 season he was sold on for a £7 million package. Now thats how you do business.