Ryan Jackson | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ryan Jackson

Seems like a lot of excuses - at the end of the day, the net result is that our skipper and best player has gone to a club who finished lower than us last season. As a passionate and genuine GFC fan, I am disappointed that this has happened and disappointed for Max as personally, I think he was outstanding, and if he were to move, I'd have expected him to have gone up a division or at least to one of the bigger teams in league one.

Money talks.

He has joined a club with money. They offered a deal and we didn't/couldn't.

Today's tightening of lockdown might even push back the date we are allowed back in to games.
Shedding wages might just get us through this

Seems like a lot of excuses - at the end of the day, the net result is that our skipper and best player has gone to a club who finished lower than us last season. As a passionate and genuine GFC fan, I am disappointed that this has happened and disappointed for Max, as personally, I think he was outstanding, and if he were to move, I'd have expected him to have gone up a division or at least to one of the bigger teams in league one.
Ogilvie is our best player as voted. He's still here.

Money talks.

He has joined a club with money. They offered a deal and we didn't/couldn't.

Today's tightening of lockdown might even push back the date we are allowed back in to games.
Shedding wages might just get us through this

I genuinely don't know or care about Rovers' owners; if they have some Sheikhs in charge that allows them to get our skipper, fair enough; if it's a routine deal, it's a poor show - Bristol Rovers are nothing to right home about generally.

Seems like a lot of excuses - at the end of the day, the net result is that our skipper and best player has gone to a club who finished lower than us last season. As a passionate and genuine GFC fan, I am disappointed that this has happened and disappointed for Max, as personally, I think he was outstanding, and if he were to move, I'd have expected him to have gone up a division or at least to one of the bigger teams in league one.
Read up.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/ehmer-gone.106585/

Good signing in my opinion ..... liked him last time and I am sure that will be the same this time too.....

On a complete tangent but I met one of his ex girlfriends couple of years ago at a night out in London.... long and short of it she was an ex adult tv actress living on St Mary’s Island.... proper bit of totty in my opinion.....

:punk:

People seem to be missing the fact that Colchester had the second best defence in League 2 prior to lockdown.
So maybe Jackson is a better signing than many are suggesting.
Decent going forward, pacey, athletic, strong and I would suggest has now developed good defensive positioning and awareness, hence the reason for signing.
Good signing in my opinion

Yes glad to see him back.

Sad to however see so many putting Barry down, even if he is just a squad player it strengthens us.

As for Max, we should have given him a longer contract a couple of seasons back (assuming he wanted to sign of course).

Tucker is still here.

Imo Ehmer good, solid, but not great. Certainly not Championship quality. Bit too much of a hoofer for that. Can't blame him for going for the money.

Agree that Max was right to take what was apparently a superb offer. 3 years and a big rise by all accounts.

And Max isn’t the only player Rovers have got in. 6 of them now, all decent quality. They are throwing money around everywhere. So I’m glad we didn’t break our bank to try to match that. Pointless.

Best of luck to Max.

Agree that Max was right to take what was apparently a superb offer. 3 years and a big rise by all accounts.

And Max isn’t the only player Rovers have got in. 6 of them now, all decent quality. They are throwing money around everywhere. So I’m glad we didn’t break our bank to try to match that. Pointless.

Best of luck to Max.
SteveTreacle only judges clubs by their historical success, and can never get it when a club he sees as small is throwing money around.

Historically, rovers have been as small if not smaller than us. The fact they are now bankrolled by someone much richer than we could imagine is completely irrelevant in the land of Treacle. I can see him getting annoyed if Bournemouth or Brentford sign a player in front of us.

Lets see if treacle still has this opinion of rovers come the end of the season.

Every year treacle has this rant if some traditionally 'smaller club' finishes above us, or even if they beat us. He sees historical league position and attendance sizes of the up most importance in football discussions 😉😁😁

Last edited:
Another funny tweet from Gills fan Ben (on here at all?). And it addresses Chris’ concerns about our having 3 RB’s.

“”We’re gonna go with a revolutionary two right back system, Jacko to keep the pace with fast wingers and Baz to smash the tricky ones 😂””

Very good 👏👏

I'm not sure Max would need to move his family either. If he is still based in West London then its not that far down the M4.

Have you driven down the M4 recently, absolute **** of a road.:wagging: 15 miles of 50mph roadworks from M25 to Reading until summer of 2022.

Not sure I'd fancy doing that journey every day.

SE suggested the other day that if we'd been in a position to offer Max a deal he would have signed and stayed here. We aren't in a position to do that so Max sorted himself out elsewhere. Don't think its anything to get to upset about, that's football in the current climate and they'll be a lot of clubs in a similar situation over the next few weeks and months.

It’s clear we needed a right back.
Barry has been superb but is nearing the end of his career. SE has made it clear that Barry is free to leave. Hobson/Hodson isn’t up to it at league one level.
I liked Ryan when he was with us before. In fact I thought he was the best right back in the division at the time.
He went off the boil at the end of his time with us due partly to injury and partly because things were crumbling all around then.
He is quick, strong, athletic and better defensively than many on here give him credit for.
I, for one, am happy with this signing.

Welcome back Ryan.

We all have our own ideas of what constitutes a big club, or one bigger than our own. We tend to underestimate our rivals in general. Over time the average attendance and league placing gives at least one factual meaure.

https://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/stats/totalavegate.html

It has always seemed to me that Bristol Rovers were a club that could attract more fans than Gillingham, a good few more.

I liked Max and rated him too. As a fan I'm sorry to see him go but his going is a measure of two things. His judgement of where he would be best rewarded, in every sense. Our judgement of his worth in the overall budget. I think we fans may have misread the second consideration a little.

Are you Barry's dad? I'm starting to think everyone in here has a dad or son that has played for the Gills.
I was just saying the same to my son Bradley 😳[/QUOTE

I was accused on here once of being a players relative! I quite enjoyed the accusation!

SteveTreacle only judges clubs by their historical success, and can never get it when a club he sees as small is throwing money around.

Historically, rovers have been as small if not smaller than us. The fact they are now bankrolled by someone much richer than we could imagine is completely irrelevant in the land of Treacle. I can see him getting annoyed if Bournemouth or Brentford sign a player in front of us.

Lets see if treacle still has this opinion of rovers come the end of the season.

Every year treacle has this rant if some traditionally 'smaller club' finishes above us, or even if they beat us. He sees historical league position and attendance sizes of the up most importance in football discussions 😉😁😁

A strange OTT personal attack/rant. Had a few?