Ryan Jackson | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ryan Jackson

I’m pretty sure fuller got a knock in the Sunderland game and Evans said it would more then likely have finished his season. The difference between Fuller and Jackson is night and day, Fuller obviously the sounder defensively and Jackson looks to attack. Clearly The type of player Evans is looking for.

Evans respected that but told him face to face that it would be unlikely that he’d see much first team football.
So Barry is free to look for another club while safe in the knowledge that he has another year guaranteed in wages.
The manager has signed a replacement so Barry now has choices.
Stay and see his contract out as backup.
Leave for a longer contract elsewhere.
He should be doing his badges and looking for a player coach role if the opportunity arises.
This situation is not unusual in football.
Players come and go
In two years time, Ryan Jackson will find himself in a similar position.
They all sign short term contracts.
If he hasn't got something already lined up I would back Fuller 99 times out of a hundred to prove he was a better player. As he did last season with Hobson.

If he hasn't got something already lined up I would back Fuller 99 times out of a hundred to prove he was a better player. As he did last season with Hobson.
How can you say that when you haven't seen Jackson play this season? Or have you been able to be in two places at once?

How can you say that when you haven't seen Jackson play this season? Or have you been able to be in two places at once?
Fuller was part of a defence that was one of the better defensive set ups in league one. That's how.Fuller was one of our best five or six players.

I recall Jackson being one of our beat players. He was one of a bunch who went off the boil when we dramatically fell from top of the league to outside the play-offs.

Fuller was part of a defence that was one of the better defensive set ups in league one. That's how.Fuller was one of our best five or six players.
But you can't compare him to someone you haven't seen play during the same period.

We have suffered for a couple of years with a lack of crosses to feed our strikers, probably since that right back was released in 2017.

What was his name??

Fuller has been outstanding. Even under Stimson I have never questioned his selection a Gills legend.

He hasn’t actually been outstanding though.

He looked lost at left back, much more assumed at right back but often caught out for pace and offers very little in attacking threat.

If we're looking for a more attack minded RB then Jacko is a good signing, if he's been brought in for his defending I'm not convinced. Comes a bit out of left field but I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks and months but I have a sneaky feeling BF might just fancy retaining his place in the team if Jacko is his only competition.

Jackson's pace certainly is an asset and his long throw too. Now all we have to do is find a signing to get on the end of and actually take advantage of those long throws

He hasn’t actually been outstanding though.

He looked lost at left back, much more assumed at right back but often caught out for pace and offers very little in attacking threat.
Did you ever see Andy Hessenthaler playing at left side of Midfield?It is always going to be more difficult Fuller did a decent job at left back. But no I would not sign him as a left back.

Jackson's pace certainly is an asset and his long throw too. Now all we have to do is find a signing to get on the end of and actually take advantage of those long throws
Mandron would fit that bill, do people realize that he scored 5 league goals in 20 appearances in 19/20, I think Hanlan is 4 in 30 appearances.