Ryan Jackson | Page 5 | Vital Football

Ryan Jackson

Trev_GFC

Vital Squad Member
Bristol Rovers get double our gates while Mod-table in the bottom tier. It’s also worth noting the they were in the top tier (together with Bristol City) not too long before the Prem. I know, football existed before the Prem😉

Foxinthebox67

Vital Reserves Team
Bristol Rovers get double our gates while Mod-table in the bottom tier. It’s also worth noting the they were in the top tier (together with Bristol City) not too long before the Prem. I know, football existed before the Prem😉
Are you sure Trev? I can't recall Rovers being in top division in my lifetime (born in the 60s) Could be wrong though - memory is starting to go...

Bromley_GFC

Vital Squad Member
Seems like a lot of excuses - at the end of the day, the net result is that our skipper and best player has gone to a club who finished lower than us last season. As a passionate and genuine GFC fan, I am disappointed that this has happened and disappointed for Max, as personally, I think he was outstanding, and if he were to move, I'd have expected him to have gone up a division or at least to one of the bigger teams in league one.
Max Ehmer our best player? I want some of what you've been smoking. Agree with '58 comments about Max in that's he's a good, solid defender for league one level, nothing more in my opinion. Ogilvie has just been voted player of the season, well deserved imo. Tucker also is definitely a better defender than Ehmer, not just that but is a lot calmer on the ball, passes the ball better, Max did give me neckache from all the hoofs.

Max Ehmer was only the 3rd best defender at our club, let alone our best player. Jack Tucker has attracted interest from West Ham, Southampton, Leeds, Celtic and Rangers. Ehmer has just signed for Bristol Rovers, that tells you everything you need to know.

It's a shame we couldn't keep Ehmer along with hopefully Ogilvie and Tucker too but not the end of the world.

chris who

Vital 1st Team Regular
I thought you had but couldn't remember which player (???)

I'm actually more likely to be Bradley's grandad the more I think about it 🤔
Bradley's dad I believe has or had a furniture business in South London if I remember rightly. I met him a few times at youth games.

mozzer59

Vital Squad Member
In 2012 when Martin Allen became manager I was in the Steve Tilson camp as he was the one I wanted as manager because my mate was going to be assistant! They were the final two in the selection process! I was accused of being Steve Tilson’s agent! 😂😂

nitram77

Vital Squad Member
In 2012 when Martin Allen became manager I was in the Steve Tilson camp as he was the one I wanted as manager because my mate was going to be assistant! They were the final two in the selection process! I was accused of being Steve Tilson’s agent! 😂😂
So were you his agent? :grinning: