Russian Agent. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Russian Agent.

Nick Real Deal - 13/3/2018 16:10

A suggestion on the radio today was to invite participants for an alternative tournament in the UK for anyone who wishes to boycott Russia. Could include Italy and the USA maybe, who failed to qualify for the corrupt one. Our home nations could take part also.

I think that FIFA would threaten them associations with all sorts of nasty stuff for even thinking about it...

so it won't happen.

Statement on RT news channel
13 March 2018

Following the Prime Minister’s statement in the House of Commons yesterday, Ofcom said that it would consider the implications for RT’s broadcast licences after the further statement by the Prime Minister tomorrow.

As the independent UK broadcasting regulator, Ofcom has an ongoing duty to be satisfied that broadcast licensees remain fit and proper to hold their licences.

We have today written to ANO TV Novosti, holder of RT’s UK broadcast licences, which is financed from the budget of the Russian Federation. This letter explained that, should the UK investigating authorities determine that there was an unlawful use of force by the Russian State against the UK, we would consider this relevant to our ongoing duty to be satisfied that RT is fit and proper.

The letter to RT said that we would carry out our independent fit and proper assessment on an expedited basis, and we would write to RT again shortly setting out details of our process.

Spursex - 13/3/2018 17:05

Nick Real Deal - 13/3/2018 16:10

A suggestion on the radio today was to invite participants for an alternative tournament in the UK for anyone who wishes to boycott Russia. Could include Italy and the USA maybe, who failed to qualify for the corrupt one. Our home nations could take part also.

I think that FIFA would threaten them associations with all sorts of nasty stuff for even thinking about it...

so it won't happen.

If it is proved that it's a state approved attack FIFA should cancel the tournament for a number of reasons. If this escalates into a cold war even more so. Russia is semi isolated in world sport already with Olympic bans .

Another Russian on the hit list dies . In London yesterday a 69 year old was found dead . Not being treated as Salisbury linked. He was an associate of another man found hanged in 2013 also Russian.

Nick Real Deal - 13/3/2018 14:17

Even if Putin has no knowledge and is in no way responsible he should come out and express his sympathy for those affected, his disappointment if this incident puts a strain on relations with the UK. Agree to find those responsible if from within his state and show genuine concern and regret for this crime no matter who the perpetrators.

Instead we have Russian dignitaries saying the rumours are rubbish, the state TV station saying this is what happens to traitors.
Couldn't agree more mate . That is the logical and proper response from a fair minded head of state . It's a shame we aren't dealing with one here .
Boycotting or moving , the World Cup would do far more damage to them ,than anything else. Even if ONLY Europe pulled out . It would send a statement of solidarity . The World Cup would have to be cancelled .

Walthamstow wanderer - 14/3/2018 08:47

Nick Real Deal - 13/3/2018 14:17

Even if Putin has no knowledge and is in no way responsible he should come out and express his sympathy for those affected, his disappointment if this incident puts a strain on relations with the UK. Agree to find those responsible if from within his state and show genuine concern and regret for this crime no matter who the perpetrators.

Instead we have Russian dignitaries saying the rumours are rubbish, the state TV station saying this is what happens to traitors.
Couldn't agree more mate . That is the logical and proper response from a fair minded head of state . It's a shame we aren't dealing with one here .
Boycotting or moving , the World Cup would do far more damage to them ,than anything else. Even if ONLY Europe pulled out . It would send a statement of solidarity . The World Cup would have to be cancelled .

All good sensible stuff - but we're talking about fifa here - you would be asking them to ignore the near two billion dollar income they're expecting, so they won't do diddly squat.

What might work is to start a movement to boycott the sponsors if they support the World Cup - that is the only thing that made FIFA take notice over Blatter before, and would be the only thing that would make the difference now...

Theresa May has announced some measures which will probably provoke a Russian tit for tat response. If a states responsibility was not as accused and they were innocent it could shame the accuser by not retaliating at all and taking no action. Indeed a resolute pledge to not harm relations and help find those responsible for the act could perhaps indicate the state was not responsible.

No dignitaries going to the world cup was probably the lesser of the measures. I guess it depends on the escalation of the situation whether further boycotts are taken.

Greavswasthegreatest - 15/3/2018 12:15

Well i am gonna stop buying caviar now

Our Local paper on the south coast reported a mini earthquake and I believed it ,until I read this Greavesie , the shockwaves are still reverbitating

I'm not sure " reverbitating " is a proper word but I'm sticking with it !
On the subject of teams pulling out in protest , is there a legal requirement to attend and and take part in your best professional attitude .
Could teams just ' turn up ' in protest . That would hurt the host and the sponsors wouldn't it. Or have I got that wrong . I'm sure Richmond will put me right

Nick Real Deal - 14/3/2018 13:55

Theresa May has announced some measures which will probably provoke a Russian tit for tat response. If a states responsibility was not as accused and they were innocent it could shame the accuser by not retaliating at all and taking no action. Indeed a resolute pledge to not harm relations and help find those responsible for the act could perhaps indicate the state was not responsible.

No dignitaries going to the world cup was probably the lesser of the measures. I guess it depends on the escalation of the situation whether further boycotts are taken.

Russia/Putin innocent?!! LOL!

Russia has annexed Crimea illegally, provoked a civil war in Ukraine and four other countries that were once in the Soviet Union, shot down an airliner with one of it's BUK missles - the man is the New Hitler and twice as dangerous; they have NO respect for international law of the treaties they're party to.

I really don't think May or our EU/Nato allies have gone far enough - only a complete boycott of the World Cup and the end of all Purchases of Russian gas would hit their pride and their pockets.

The only thing that will have any impact is weening ourselves off Russia's natural gas.
Although the alternative is buying from the US, which is hardly appealing.

Everything seems to point towards Russia . I think our authorities must know something that has not been disclosed. Otherwise why act so robustly?

I would like unquestionable proof though.

I saw the NATO meeting last night and the Russian representative was hostile and arrogant. Not a good sign. If it is as it seems I don't think our measures were strong enough. I would send all diplomats home immediately. Cancel all trade , withdraw from the world cup , bring home all UK nationals, send home all Russians and and expect all NATO to do the same.

Russia would collapse.

ahx00 - 15/3/2018 15:36

The only thing that will have any impact is weening ourselves off Russia's natural gas.
Although the alternative is buying from the US, which is hardly appealing.

There are many others, all with differing degrees of difficulty, but we do have alternatives if the political will is there - and last but not least if we were to finally accelerate fracking here, we could be self-sufficient inside 15 years.....

Among the alternatives are:

· Importing gas from the Middle East and North Africa;

· Intensifying work on the Southern Gas Corridor through Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, and Turkmenistan;

· Importing Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) from the United States and Australia as well as from East Africa.

If we hasten the end of all sanctions against Iran, they could in fairly short order increase gas production by almost 3x and that would easily replace all the Russian gas and then some - and if your believe the Iranian energy minister, they're up for it, throw in Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan that can also lift production and the Russians would soon have a foreign currency problem..but in all cases it would take around 5-10 years to really bite.

Nick Real Deal - 15/3/2018 15:58

Everything seems to point towards Russia . I think our authorities must know something that has not been disclosed. Otherwise why act so robustly?

I would like unquestionable proof though.

I saw the NATO meeting last night and the Russian representative was hostile and arrogant. Not a good sign. If it is as it seems I don't think our measures were strong enough. I would send all diplomats home immediately. Cancel all trade , withdraw from the world cup , bring home all UK nationals, send home all Russians and and expect all NATO to do the same.

Russia would collapse.

Nick, seriously, don't be so naive - there are some things that governments can show and some they can't - after the fall of the Soviet Union, huge efforts were put into cataloguing their chemical and nuclear weapons and methods and places of production - their nerve agents all have tell-tale production 'finger-prints' in their chemical compositions - so for example Sarin gas made in Japan, is different to Sarin gas coming out of Russia chemical manufacturing processes.

this is how NATO pinpoints sources of chemical and nerve agents, and it is NOT something that you can 'replicate' / 'spoof' without 20-30 years prep and access to their manufacturing processes.

Like you, I think our responses have been weak and half-hearted - it wouldn't 'collapse' the Russian regime, but it would embarrass it at home - assuming the non-governmental channels can still operate - as of today, not a single Moscow newspaper / TV program or radio station is reporting this stuff at all....

Not a single word - that is the power Putin now has over the media and the power to bend Russian thinking to his will...

Spursex - 15/3/2018 14:28

Nick Real Deal - 14/3/2018 13:55

Russia/Putin innocent?!! LOL!

Russia has annexed Crimea illegally, provoked a civil war in Ukraine and four other countries that were once in the Soviet Union, shot down an airliner with one of it's BUK missles - the man is the New Hitler and twice as dangerous; they have NO respect for international law of the treaties they're party to.

I really don't think May or our EU/Nato allies have gone far enough - only a complete boycott of the World Cup and the end of all Purchases of Russian gas would hit their pride and their pockets.

Agree EX. Putin is hands down the most dangerous leader around.

People are scared of him and Russia. How they got away with blowing that airliner out of the sky is a big worry. That proved to me he is untouchable.

If the UN and NATO freeze out Russia on trade and finance it will collapse. Finances have to take second place to warmongering. We cannot consider trade implications. If our govt was so sure it should have taken stronger action.

Nick Real Deal - 16/3/2018 13:15

If the UN and NATO freeze out Russia on trade and finance it will collapse. Finances have to take second place to warmongering. We cannot consider trade implications. If our govt was so sure it should have taken stronger action.

No, if our Govt was stronger, it might have taken stronger action - but there is a parliamentary convention that when it comes to foreign policy and action against Foreign countries, the opposition must support the Governments actions and Corbyn doesn't and won't - he's been an excusist for Stalin and the Soviet Union for decades and is clearly still in the Russians pocket...

Corbyn and his acolytes are working like mad to now promote 'conspiracy' theories and alternative 'truths' - if we elect him now, it's clear we'd be wide open and he'd never defend us in any meaningful way...

The wording strongly suggests Russia but....likely stops short of direct accusation. If the wording was....it was Russia and we have proof....then more robust action can be taken. Proof may yet be disclosed and I hope it is.

Russia's reaction also suggests guilt with arrogant and dismissive dialogue.

I of course realise these agents have fingerprints, so why have we not advised the public of that proof. ?

I think Russia did It, I have no respect for their regime, I want it brought down, the proof is needed until tougher measures are justified, I hope we get it.