Russia - Ukraine | Vital Football

Russia - Ukraine

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Tell me, oh learned friends in the UK, are you worried about this escalating? What's the feeling in the UK? Seems to me like Biden is interfering with, what's in essence, internal politics. Are we about to enter WWIII?
Now that Covid19 is calming down somewhat, I suppose the governments of the World need something to control the masses....

Not really just an internal dispute because the Ukraine has been independent of Russia for decades. Personally, I think Putin is just posturing and applying pressure so that NATO don't extend their influence into the Ukraine. I don't think the latter will happen anyway because Germany and France in particular are very weak on Russia because they are overeliance on Russisn gas supplies, with Germany funding a huge pipeline. The European Union is also toothless because of the influenc of these two. In fact they asked the UK to provide more miltary support because they didn't do so themselves. Germany even refused airspace for our military flights!

Why should we bother about a fascist government being potentially replaced but a Putin Putch? Leave them alone to get on with things provided they don't commit war crimes.

I'd be happy to let them get on with things Seb but Lord Biden doesn't want to. It seems that he MUST get involved before he starts dribbling soup down his vest...

Johnson is spouting inflammatory, bellicose, jingoistic and provocative stuff in his faux Churchillian bombastic style in a desperate attempt to change the news from his domestic nightmare. Biden likewise seeks a distraction. Ukraine is more likely to turn into Afghanistan or Vietnam than the Falklands. Sanctions? Putin will simply turn off the gas and re route it to China.

The CIA pokes its nose ln most disputes and makes them worse .We should keep out and so should NATO.

100% agree John. Biden and Mop Top just need a distraction from their already abysmal record. Waging a war with Russia on its own doorstep is not the answer.

100% agree John. Biden and Mop Top just need a distraction from their already abysmal record. Waging a war with Russia on its own doorstep is not the answer to.
There are no winners in wars only the loss of in most cases innocent Lives.
The only winners are the arms manufacturers.If you go to Bambrugh Castle it was restored by the Armstrong family of Vickers Armstrong and the Stables were better than houses for the general population all paid for out of Armaments the recoiling guns on the Battleships,etc.

There are no winners in wars only the loss of in most cases innocent Lives.
The only winners are the arms manufacturers.If you go to Bambrugh Castle it was restored by the Armstrong family of Vickers Armstrong and the Stables were better than houses for the general population all paid for out of Armaments the recoiling guns on the Battleships,etc.

The one percent will get richer and the rest of us poorer.

Champions League Final moved, no Russian F1 grand prix.
Let's make sure nothing goes there again sports wise.
Need to go much further and ban them completely. None of this fudged approach by the IOC and Fifa on continuing to compete but not under a Russian flag

Not really just an internal dispute because the Ukraine has been independent of Russia for decades. Personally, I think Putin is just posturing and applying pressure so that NATO don't extend their influence into the Ukraine. I don't think the latter will happen anyway because Germany and France in particular are very weak on Russia because they are overeliance on Russisn gas supplies, with Germany funding a huge pipeline. The European Union is also toothless because of the influenc of these two. In fact they asked the UK to provide more miltary support because they didn't do so themselves. Germany even refused airspace for our military flights!

I am glad that the EU are worried and finally realised the real threat to Europe from Putin and are starting to apply some meaningful financial, political and logistical sanctions. And have even changed their policy on providing military supplies.
Putin has even threatened Sweden and Finland in recent days with military action if they seek full Nato membership. No wonder they don't want to play them in the World Cup!