Run In as from today 5th April | Page 4 | Vital Football

Run In as from today 5th April

If he gets them top 4 he should. It will probably go to Pep though, especially if they get a clean sweep of trophies

There's something lacking in Man City. I don't think they will win the CL. They should have won it years ago but there's a block there....like they don't quite believe they deserve it.

Unlike the Villa.....:grinning::grinning::grinning:

There's something lacking in Man City. I don't think they will win the CL. They should have won it years ago but there's a block there....like they don't quite believe they deserve it.

Unlike the Villa.....:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if Madrid or PSG won it. City were looking a good bet for it last season before Lyon shocked them in the last 8.
Its an exclusive members club the European Cup Winners - we have enough English members already

Time to freshen up this tired , stale team we have become . Some players have no pressure on them and think they will play because there is nothing else.
The system we are playing is tired and stale and we have slipped into the... i do not know what we are trying to achieve as of last season.

The 2 winger formation we know works with one of the best players in the premier league in the side . Without him it doesn’t .
Trez, Bert, El ghazi and SJM need dropping and Deano has to find another system to accommodate players that will come in to replace them. Start thinking outside the box Deano.
Cash right midfield , Elmo behind him for example....

As said in the match thread, I’m bored again watching us, like last season. By all means when SJ is back we can go to a similar as we were before Xmas, but without him this incessant doing the same thing week in week out is eye wateringly bad now

Time to freshen up this tired , stale team we have become . Some players have no pressure on them and think they will play because there is nothing else.
The system we are playing is tired and stale and we have slipped into the... i do not know what we are trying to achieve as of last season.

The 2 winger formation we know works with one of the best players in the premier league in the side . Without him it doesn’t .
Trez, Bert, El ghazi and SJM need dropping and Deano has to find another system to accommodate players that will come in to replace them. Start thinking outside the box Deano.

As said in the match thread, I’m bored again watching us, like last season. By all means when SJ is back we can go to a similar as we were before Xmas, but without him this incessant doing the same thing week in week out is eye wateringly bad now
It has been for months now

Dont see us getting more than one win from the remaining games. Which considering the 4 wins at the start would be a big anti climax.

There are a couple of simple things we don't do without Grealish. We don't get to the byline which I think is partly a product of the wingers cutting in. I think Targett for example is too concerned that whoever has the ball will lose it so he seems reluctant to make the runs he would make for Grealish.

Cash barely ever overlaps and Traore is never going to run to the byline and whip it in with his right.

Any combination of the midfield trio lacks ideas, so we're relying on McGinn or the French lad to run at people to advance the ball or McGinn/Luiz playing a quick pass or a big switch to bypass the opposition defenses.

Davis or Bert need to be up centrally with Ollie IMO, the ball will either stick with Davis or the sheer distraction of Bert might get Ollie more space. I agree with you re: Cash maybe just sticking him RM and playing a little more orthodox might give us something a little different. If nothing else you add another bit of tenacity higher up the pitch.

Don't touch the back five. We can't break the only part of the team working well in desperation to fix the attack. Players out of position AND us not performing would really have the knives out for Dean. I'd like to see Bert centrally behind Ollie but now with Trez out I don't know how to make the other pieces fit.

Use the run in to try something different, I can stand us losing games knowing we are looking to change things, We will never find out anything playing the same players and using the same tactics every game. I think Dean is more likely to get stick if he keeps playing ihe only way he seems to know, What do we have to lose? better than waiting till the start of next season to stumble on something.

Emi
Cash Konsa Mings Targett
Nakamba
McGinn Sanson/Ramsey Luiz
Bert
Ollie

Took me five minutes. Don't know what Dean's playing at.

This was my original forecast.

Already played

10/04 - Liverpool (A) Loss
21/04 - Man City (H) Loss
25/04 - West Brom (H) Win
01/05 - Everton (A) Draw

So I thought we'd earn four points from the above games - and we did - except I thought we'd beat the Baggies and draw with Everton instead of the other way round.

This is how I said these yet to be played games would play out.

08/05 - Man United (H) Draw
11/05 - Crystal Palace (A) Draw
15/05 - Tottenham (A) Loss
23/05 - Chelsea (H) Draw
TBC - Everton (H) Draw

Already played

01/05 - Everton (A) Draw

So I thought we'd earn four points from the above games - and we did - except I thought we'd beat the Baggies and draw with Everton instead of the other way round.

23/05 - Chelsea (H) Draw
TBC - Everton (H) Draw

After watching the end of Baggies game and the first half of the Everton match/ glimpses in the second half, I’m quite confident we’ll win against Crystal Palace and Everton.

Reactions: BBJ

Already played

01/05 - Everton (A) Draw

23/05 - Chelsea (H) Draw
TBC - Everton (H) Draw

Palace looks like the easiest fixture but its always been a bit of a bogey ground for us, think we've only won there once since the 70's. Spuds could be there for the taking if Jack is back by then, and if Chelsea have the champions league final to worry about they my be resting a few for that one (assuming they've already wrapped up a top 4 spot). 6 or 7 points would be a decent return from those games and should ensure a top half finish

I reckon we could beat Man Utd Sunday as well. They have a game Thursday and by Sunday Man City could be champions and second place is more or less guaranteed , so they may rest a few as well.

I reckon we could beat Man Utd Sunday as well. They have a game Thursday and by Sunday Man City could be champions and second place is more or less guaranteed , so they may rest a few as well.

I think they could play their Ladies team against us and they'd still win with a dodgy penalty in injury time