Rumour Bowyers Gone | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rumour Bowyers Gone

Blackpool captain Jay Spearing has taken to social media to post a message of support for departed manager Gary Bowyer.

Bowyer, who handed in his resignation on Monday, was a major factor in Spearing originally signing for the club on a short-term contract in October 2017. The midfielder signed a fresh two-year contract during the summer, to the surprise of many, again naming Bowyer when asked why he decided to commit his future to the club. Spearing wrote: "Gutted to see this man leave - he’s a top manager and a great friend. "All the best for the future."

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...ak-out-over-gary-bowyer-s-departure-1-9290960

I honestly believe that this type of protest does more harm than good.
Please try very hard to understand and accept that the only people that have done harm to BFC are the Oystons. This has been well proven in the High Court of England.

Love how the best signing we have ever made joins in the digs - no bitter eh Grant???

Gary Bowyer’s shock Blackpool exit has rocked the Fylde coast, and just up the road at Fleetwood Town ex-Seasider Bobby Grant says their League One rivals will not find a better manager.
Grant, 28, had swapped Bloomfield Road for Fleetwood’s Highbury base a year before Bowyer arrived at Blackpool in the sum mer of 2016.
Fleetwood Town's Bobby Grant Bowyer took over a Blackpool side that had just been relegated to League Two and went on to guide them back to the third tier at the first time of asking. After that play-off victory Bowyer steered Blackpool to a 12th-placed finish, two places above Fleetwood. Time for a home update? You’re in the right place to get your place right Sponsored by eBay Grant was part of a Fleetwood side that drew 0-0 and lost 2-1 to the Tangerines last term. And given his knowledge of the club and having seen the work that Bowyer did to steady the ship, Grant says he is a huge loss for their near neighbours and doubts they will find anyone better than the 47-year-old ex-Blackburn Rovers boss. ADVERTISING Grant told The Gazette: “To be fair I could not believe the news. They have just lost a fantastic manager. “What he has done for that club, how he has steadied their ship ... only he will be able to give you the reasons why he has walked away from it. “Knowing Gary Bowyer, he would not have walked away from that for no reason. “It is a real shame because I do not think Blackpool will replace him with anyone better than him. That just shows you the ambitions of that club.” While Fleetwood have invested in players, Grant knows that Bowyer has been forced to scrimp and save, and to scour the transfer market for bargains to fill his squad. The Pool boss’ recruitment was hindered by the club’s well documented off-the-field issues and it is a credit to Bowyer that his loans and free transfers, such as Grant’s ex-Fleetwood team- mate Jimmy Ryan, helped his side to secure a respectable mid-table finish. But now after just one game of the season, and with the transfer window about to slam shut, Bowyer has handed in his resignation. And Grant says following in his footsteps and getting out it is the best thing for the boss to do given those restrictions. He said: “If they are not prepared to back him in the transfer market, then I really don’t know what chance he has got. “If he is not getting the backing, then I think the best thing for him is to do what he has done.”