Rumour Bowyers Gone | Vital Football

Rumour Bowyers Gone

Blackpool Football Club regrets to announce that our manager Gary Bowyer is stepping down. Terry McPhillips, his assistant, will assume the manager’s role in the interim period.
Gary Bowyer said: “It has been a pleasure to manage Blackpool Football Club over the past two years and there are many people I wish to express my thanks to.
“Firstly, all the staff at the club who continue to go above and beyond to support the team. The players, whose efforts and commitment have played a massive part in achieving promotion in the 2016/17 season and gaining a top half finish in League 1 last season. To my football staff, your support loyalty and incredible work ethic has been fantastic, your willingness to go that extra mile for the good of the club will never be forgotten.
“I’m extremely grateful to the Board for giving me the opportunity to manage such an historic football club and finally, I would like to thank the supporters, your unbelievable passion and support of both the team and myself will stay with me forever.
“I wish Blackpool Football Club all the best for this coming season and every success in the future.”
The directors, management and personnel of Blackpool Football Club and in particular our passionate and amazing fans, would like to place on record our deep appreciation and gratitude for your successful efforts which in your first year achieved promotion from League 2 and then in your second year stabilised the team and the club in League 1 – your professionalism has been of the highest standard and hopefully your legacy and wonderful team spirit that you have engendered will endure through your protégé.
We hope the time with your family will bring you much pleasure and rest and replenish your reserves and strengths in readiness for whatever challenge you wish to take on in the future.

Gary Bowyer has sensationally resigned as Blackpool manager just one game into the new season, Sportsmail understands.
The former Blackburn boss has worked miracles at Bloomfield Road on an impossible budget but his patience has snapped with chairman Owen Oyston.
Oyston was informed of Bowyer’s decision on Monday evening, leaving the basket case club in a sorry mess.
2671C0E800000578-6032215-image-m-2_1533574420323.jpg

+1
Gary Bowyer has walked out on Blackpool after losing patience with chairman Owen Oysten
Sportsmail understands Bowyer had been paying for temporary training accommodation at Fulwood Amateurs out of his own pocket. Blackpool’s training base at Squires Gate was described as a ‘nicotine yellow’ by sources earlier this summer.

It is believed the 47-year-old has long held reservations about continuing as manager, coming close to taking over at Sunderland. He almost walked after winning promotion from League Two in 2017.
Bowyer somehow managed to stabilise the Seasiders in League One last term with a backdrop of financial uncertainty and court battles. They drew 0-0 away at Wycombe on Saturday.
Blackpool’s immediate future looks bleak, with Oyston clinging on to power despite the High Court awarding former director Valeri Belokon £33million in damages for ‘unfair prejudice’ last November.
Oyston still owes in the region of £25m and has been scrambling for loaned money in a bid to pay Belokon off. Belokon, a Latvian banker, has always maintained he wants to retain control of the club.

Official statement

Bowyer
Just now

Large

Blackpool Football Club regrets to announce that our manager Gary Bowyer is stepping down. Terry McPhillips, his assistant, will assume the manager’s role in the interim period.
Gary Bowyer said: “It has been a pleasure to manage Blackpool Football Club over the past two years and there are many people I wish to express my thanks to.
“Firstly, all the staff at the club who continue to go above and beyond to support the team. The players, whose efforts and commitment have played a massive part in achieving promotion in the 2016/17 season and gaining a top half finish in League 1 last season. To my football staff, your support loyalty and incredible work ethic has been fantastic, your willingness to go that extra mile for the good of the club will never be forgotten.
“I’m extremely grateful to the Board for giving me the opportunity to manage such an historic football club and finally, I would like to thank the supporters, your unbelievable passion and support of both the team and myself will stay with me forever.
“I wish Blackpool Football Club all the best for this coming season and every success in the future.”
The directors, management and personnel of Blackpool Football Club and in particular our passionate and amazing fans, would like to place on record our deep appreciation and gratitude for your successful efforts which in your first year achieved promotion from League 2 and then in your second year stabilised the team and the club in League 1 – your professionalism has been of the highest standard and hopefully your legacy and wonderful team spirit that you have engendered will endure through your protégé.
We hope the time with your family will bring you much pleasure and rest and replenish your reserves and strengths in readiness for whatever challenge you wish to take on in the future.

If only we could put out fingers on why he would want to leave

I'm really pissed off and dear the worse now. No regime change and no future

I can see no reason why he would want to stay .....He wanted to bring players in but it looks like he got no backing at all and no doubt we will lose Tilt.

If only we could put out fingers on why he would want to leave

I'm really pissed off and dear the worse now. No regime change and no future
Sportsmail understands Bowyer had been paying for temporary training accommodation at Fulwood Amateurs out of his own pocket. Blackpool’s training base at Squires Gate was described as a ‘nicotine yellow’ by sources earlier this summer.

I know Sask. I'm really angry. VB needs to press the accelerator things do happen whilst the courts are shut, judges do review cases. The ground will need fumigating once OO goes I will never go in until he's gone

Saying on another forum he left for family reasons.I am sure we all wish him all the best for the future.All the best Gary...

cant believe i wrote this at 11.00 today
Today at 11:10 AM

i think GB is a top man and a damn fine coach. but he is pretty safe here as no one is sacking him if he continues as is, which in football today goes a long way. could be the safest job in the efl

Saying on another forum he left for family reasons.I am sure we all wish him all the best for the future.All the best Gary...
You know why he has left but like all cowards you don’t have the balls to admit it...Hang your head in shame...

Paying his own money for renting training ground! Just add it to all the other ridiculous aspects that have made this club a laughing stock in the world of professional football. Yet our compatriots still think its ok to buy Sts or attend bloomfield road! The club is literally dying infront of our faces. The risk of the club being sold off for other developments could not be higher IMO and god I hope Im very wrong!

It's sad. The bloke worked nothing short of miracles for 2 seasons and deserved better.
There will be no shortage of applicants - there never is in situation like this.
Saturdays going to be fun.

Clearly the Os wouldn't provide any money to strengthen the squad, after VB had lost most of his best players. It is really time for VB to take some decisive action