Rules Review | Vital Football

Rules Review

I don’t expect massive changes. Handball is always going to be contentious but it does need reviewing - maybe if they reapplied the old “has the player gained an advantage” part?

As for VAR .....well we are all used to it now I guess but they really need to resolve the issue of “offside by 1mm” type decisions because to my mind it is making a mockery of the system. Laporte’s goal against Wolves was a classic as it seemed to me that the line drawing when it is that close becomes purely arbitrary, in which case it is too close to call and the decision should favour the attacker.

I don’t expect massive changes. Handball is always going to be contentious but it does need reviewing - maybe if they reapplied the old “has the player gained an advantage” part?

As for VAR .....well we are all used to it now I guess but they really need to resolve the issue of “offside by 1mm” type decisions because to my mind it is making a mockery of the system. Laporte’s goal against Wolves was a classic as it seemed to me that the line drawing when it is that close becomes purely arbitrary, in which case it is too close to call and the decision should favour the attacker.
We do play football so I would draw the line using the feet only, that way there would be less controversy