Rule changes - how would you make football better? | Vital Football

Rule changes - how would you make football better?

KevinE

Alert Team
There was an interesting debate on twitter about ensuring justice in the game and it got me wondering what others thought on what rule changes would make the game better?

For me, VAR has to be a priority and brought in, and if used it has to be consistent and used in all games in a single league/competition.

Bonus points to encourage goals scored or goal difference would also be good to avoid teams sitting deep defending 1-0 leads.

I'd also like to see 2 30 mins halves where the clock is stopped when the ball is out of play to guarantee the same amount of game time and to stop time wasting. This would see late subs being pointless.

What about you?

Well, still rightly aggrieved from the Man City game it has to be VAR and a level playing field for all. The decision by the FA to allow only PL grounds to have VAR in the FA Cup this season was so unfair and biased, and unfortunately we were the club that highlighted this fact and suffered the consequences.
The big club bias of PL referees is well known. VAR for all teams would have eliminated this.

Last edited:
Sin bins would be another one. Professional fouls need harsher punishment, fouling purposely to stop a winger for example for running away clear.