Rule Changes After EFL AGM Meeting | Vital Football

Rule Changes After EFL AGM Meeting

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
The EFL have set out a few new rule changes that will take effect immediately

SUBSTITUTES
For League matches during the 2021/22 season, Clubs were able to field three substitutes from seven nominated. For all League fixtures going forward, Clubs will be allowed to name up to seven substitutes on their team sheet with no more than five being able to take part in the match. Each Club is only permitted a maximum of three opportunities to make substitutions during the fixture and a Club may make more than the one substitution at each of its three opportunities. Clubs may make substitutions at half time and any substitutions made during this break will not count towards the maximum of three opportunities.

COLOUR BLINDNESS KIT CLASHES
A Home Club will now be able to wear its ‘away’ or third kit where a clash may occur that would make it difficult for people who are colour blind to differentiate between the kits worn by both teams. The amendment also allows Clubs to further ‘mix and match’ elements of their registered kits in order to avoid kit clashes. The EFL will also play a more active role in helping Clubs identify where a potential ‘colour blind kit clash’ may occur to give them adequate notice so that all necessary arrangements can be made in advance.

OWNERS’ AND DIRECTORS’ TEST DISQUALIFYING CONDITION – HATE CRIME
The EFL has added an additional Disqualifying Condition in its Owners and Directors’ Test for those that have been convicted of a Hate Crime, which is defined as an offence that is considered to be aggravated in accordance with the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 and the Sentencing Act 2020.

MANDATORY ARTICLES
Clubs will now be required to include a Mandatory Article within their Articles of Association which states that the Directors of the Club may refuse to register the transfer of any share where:

i) the EFL has not confirmed its consent to the acquisition of Control
ii) the EFL has not confirmed that that such Person is not liable to be disqualified
iii) if registering the transfer of any share would cause the Club to breach any other equivalent rule or regulation of another body such as the Premier League or the Football Association.

I take Mike's point and it's undoubtedly valid. That said PW, as Sixpence points out, is broadly in favour.
So am I and I think it will benefit better coaches. Rather than viewing subs primarily as reactive it should allow at least two or three to be used tactically so for example an older forward might be used for 60 minutes and it also makes an energetic high press more feasible. I think too it might (might?) help in the development of players like Kelly and JJ who can regularly be brought on to replace tired legs.

I won't have a clue who is on the pitch and who is off it! But, I can see the benefit of it letting more players be included in the playing squad on the day - just as long as they make a point of telling me who is coming on and who is going off!

Some of the players may lose track of it too. Richard Wood didn't realise that all the subs had been used in normal time at Wembley recently . He was thinking of asking to be taken off! It all had a happy ending though on that occasion.:p