Rugby | Page 2 | Vital Football

Rugby

Spursex - 29/8/2014 11:43

80deg16minW - 13/8/2014 22:33

Women's World Cup.

Canada vs. England. :5:

LOL!

Even your women are lumberjacks... :10:

And if I am not mistaken there were an equivalent number of English women in that final? How should we categorize them? :39:

I think 9 of the Canadians ended up on the "All World 15". Women's rugby is the fastest growing sport in Canada. 7s is catching up though.

80deg16minW - 29/8/2014 11:51

Women's World Cup.

LOL!

And if I am not mistaken there were an equivalent number of English women in that final? How should we categorize them? :39:

I think 9 of the Canadians ended up on the "All World 15". Women's rugby is the fastest growing sport in Canada. 7s is catching up though.

Ours were of course all petit English roses..

Seriously? Women's rugby is the fastest growing? Not sure what that says about Canadian women?!! :21: :17:

Spursex - 29/8/2014 12:17

80deg16minW - 29/8/2014 11:51

Women's World Cup.

LOL!

Ours were of course all petit English roses..

Seriously? Women's rugby is the fastest growing? Not sure what that says about Canadian women?!! :21: :17:

Not sure either but our club went from 26 U15 girl's last season to over 60 this season and there are many other clubs experiencing the same thing. It i largely being driven by high school rugby. As in all things non Canadian we don't have enough decent coaches. Our Men's 7s National Team lost their head coach Geraint John to Australia's MNT about 5 months ago.

The American's are pouring millions into their 7s programs. There is a Gold Medal at stake now.

The RFU really need to change there stance on not picking overseas players. Steffon armitage was voted european player of the year and is in sensational form and should be picked for the WC. Exceptions need to be made.

Also agree with clive woodward that lancaster needs to start the form players and not his favourites. Owen farrell is a good player but he is a little off form and needs to be benched.

The top nations are VERY tight at the moment... Kiwis, Wallabies, Aussies, French, English, Irish, Welsh.

Any of them could make a real go at next year's WC.

Gonna be a good one Galv.

Oh and BTW, Canada beat England this past weekend at the Las Vegas 7s. :89:

And Carlin Isles is tearing the rugby 7s world apart. The Americans are spending on 7s. They want that Gold Medal.

Galvin's Shinpads - 2/3/2015 02:16

Ireland whip England and the grand slam is on for one team...

Well done Ireland, by all accounts it was a dour game - taped it, haven't watched it - sounds like Ireland should go into the World Cup rebuilt and full of confidence - could this be the time they finally pull it off?

Sound ON, Full Screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf77JL3tlDk

Outstanding showing by England at The Vancouver 7s over the weekend beating South Africa in the final.

[youtube=T8DI1CAn5Qs]