Rugby | Vital Football

Rugby

D

Departed

The Irish immigration to France may be continuing with rumours that Brian O'Driscoll is contemplating joining Sexton and O'Gara at racing Metro.

As the late, great Eddie Waring used to say as he lifted his trilby, "There is Rugby League and a game for poofs"!!

If there is a subject entitled "Rugby" please ensure it is restricted to the correct code!

Example, England 18 v New Zealand 20, Rugby League World Cup semi final 2013 against ANY Union game ever!!
(watch it if you don't believe me)

No contest and goodnite from me!!!!

Went to Wembley to watch Saracens vs Harlequins on Saturday..... Really can't stand rugby....

League is the slightly more entertaining code, but its a bit of an afterthought in this country - especially daaan saaaaf

Spursex - 25/3/2014 09:05

Like the internationals, but the balls the wrong shape for me to take any greater interest.

What EX said. It's only loved by English men that went to funny schools and have given up hope that we'll ever have and decent football team again.

I don't understand the rules, it's the game that's dumb not me..

You lot sound like you hate sport and only watch football because it's advertised and explained to you otherwise you wouldn't bother, only a certain class can play it, the shape of the ball is making me nervous.. Dear lord!

Maybe the fact that the french are now not able to play in their own domestic league due to a number of foreign imports and their national team is declining year on year, you might see parallels..

Oh well, I guess we have to give the peasants something to bitch about.

Super 15 Rugby is excellent. As was the Quins game at Wembley.

Rugby League? 7's for those that can't count.

80deg16minW - 25/3/2014 12:50

Saracens won mate..... At least I think it's them in the Red and black..... I forget every time I go and see them

Dave the Yid - 25/3/2014 14:49

Saracens won mate..... At least I think it's them in the Red and black..... I forget every time I go and see them

I know. But it was a great game.

Rugby is a bit of an oxymoron with the fans. Lots of fans who can't either play or ref the game still turn up and start calling fictional fouls and complain about other ref calls that only they don't understand. The other half love the game and understand it.

If the ball was in play more without the hanging around at line outs and collapsed scrums then it would be more entertaining as I do like the mauls and rucks!

How a ref on the other side of the scrum can give a pen for someone collapsing it is beyond me!!

A tip.

Try and watch the "State of Origin" series this summer and tell me you don't like Rugby League......not a game, a spectacle!

And who's a pheasant!!?
:17:

Superb final between the Waratahs and the Crusaders. Only bad part was DC injured his ankle.

Taricco the yid - 5/8/2014 11:38

80deg16minW - 4/8/2014 20:13

Superb final between the Waratahs and the Crusaders. Only bad part was DC injured his ankle.

Great game. Carter had a small crack in his upper fibula.

Hope he is healthy for the WC. Just organizing which games we are going to.

Sorry, just had to post this photo that was just sent to me. My son scoring a try in the 7s gold medal game at the Ontario Summer Games this past week. His team beat the juggernaut that is Toronto Rugby 15-10.

Attachments

• 100K.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Australian Rugby Union making a big mistake. Bringing James O'Connor back to play for the Reds.